Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber dropping getting worse.

craiglay
Grafter

Fiber dropping getting worse.

Hi,

I raised a call about frequent dropouts on my previously always stable Fiber broadband Wednesday morning. Up until then, it would drop for a few minutes return for a few hours. It's now at the point where it is constantly dropping and taking 15-20 minutes to resync before dropping a few minutes later. I'm now working off of a 4G dongle as I can no longer remote into work.

In a few weeks I've gone from a stable 75/20 to an unstable 55-60/15. DS SNR from 3db to 6-7db and it still drops regularly. Now the upstream speed is dropping though there is no sign of stability.

Is there a way to escalate this as it's no longer a speed issue but a major connectivity issue and my broadband is unusable.

Many Thanks,

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Re: Fiber dropping getting worse.

Hey Craig,

Responses seem slow here too.

If you're having difficulty getting through to customer services you can be transferred to them by phoning and speaking with the retentions/billing team.

craiglay
Grafter

Cheers dangerousfish_1,

I don't really want to be that person though. I'd hoped they'd get to my ticket before now although its changed from a speed issue to an outage. I did update the ticket but I've had no progress.

@plusnet. My broadband has been unusable due to the DSL dropping frequently since Wednesday. As of Sunday evening, its syncing at 48/9 for a few minutes only. Its been dropping all weekend and still hasn't found stability.

As of Friday PM / Saturday AM I've dropped below the minimum guaranteed speed (55.4Mb). I don't really care about the speed at the mo but due to the stability I'm burning through a limited 4G data SIM to be able to work. I've given up hope of Netflix / Amazon in the evening and even Sky Q relies on the internet to work properly so that not even working properly now.

Please update ticket no: 201251099 to reflect an outage rather than a speed issue.

Openreach still have a heavy presence in the area.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@craiglay Thanks for your time on the phone this morning, as advised I have updated your question here.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team