cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber down speed slower than my previous ADSL

crowds

Fiber down speed slower than my previous ADSL

Engineer installed my openreach box this morning and as my router had not yet arrived he used his bit of kit to test the connection. It was reporting 17 up and 75 down, yay !
However the router arrived this afternoon and i connected it up only to be greeted to a down speed of around 6.5mb thats slower than my ADSL speed was ?! Up speed is acceptable at 16mb.
I have tried speed tests both wired and wireless no difference.
I have also created a direct  PPPoE connection to the openreach box again no change.
On the bt wholesale test site the initial test reports the same. However the "further testing" that requires you to change you router login details reports my download speed to be 49.1mb and my upload to be only 2.98mb.
And at the bottom of the test it says
"Your service was found to be performing poorly.
Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance after the third test."

My up and down ip profiles are set to maximum and don't appear to be restricting things....
I have had fiber from plusnet at a different property in the past and from the off it was full speed with not hicups. This time I am very dsapointed Sad
Any ideas ?
Crowds
6 REPLIES 6
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Fiber down speed slower than my previous ADSL

Your Current Line Speed has not yet updated, or a late Delta Report from just before the conversion has knocked it back down to the previous value.
Either the team on here can fix it, or try the on-line chat facility to contact the help desk, or call them. If you can run the BTW speed test again and note the IP Profile from the Further Diagnostics page that would be helpful.
I daresay if you leave it long enough a new Delta Report should cause the automatic systems to kick in without manual intervention.
crowds

Ah brilliant Jaggies. Your quite correct. I got on the chat service and within 10 min and a reboot all is well. Thank you for your speedy response and spot on solution !
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Cool
okmbok
Grafter

Got my installation on Wednesday and have the same problem.  Getting less than 2mbs
But I raised a fault without realising it will take upto 7 working days!.  The Chat option is never running when I am online. Sad
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've increased that for you now.
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you'll pick up the new profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
okmbok
Grafter

Thnx that did the trick  :).
Adie:quote