cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber don’t work

Adam1995
Hooked

Fiber don’t work

Can someone help me as phones plusnet 3 times today and had different answers everytime . I upgraded to fiber on the 9th and it went live at 12:36 ish afternoon and it’s not work just get a solid orange light and no broadband flashing red ext , anyone know the reason they say my phone line faulty I went a bought a new house phone works fine , one says it’s because of the weather and one said I have to wait for a new router it’s a joke in all fairness
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Fiber don’t work

I'd be very surprised if it's the router at fault. Judging by the status of the LEDs, it sounds like you have a data connection but the device is failing to authenticate. If you browse to http://192.168.1.254 do you see your account username being used to connect or something else?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Adam1995
Hooked

Re: Fiber don’t work

Yeah it just keeps saying connecting and ppp connecting I’ve tried two routers now . Both just have the solid orange light no flashing broadband light or nothing. Other one worked fine up and till earlier I mean just the unlimited internet not fiber then when it went live plugged the hub one in and nothing and tried two off them .
Adam1995
Hooked

Broadband Fiber fault

My fiber went live on 9th anyone know how log it takes for a team to investigate ?my issue as only got a solid orange light and no bb light flashing. And tired two fiber routers still no joy. Yet all I got was it take 8 days to investigate.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband Fiber fault

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topics merged for clarity.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Adam1995
Hooked

Eh? What dose that mean bud ?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You started 2 topics on your issue which divides attention from Plusnet support staff...and others offering help.

I had merged them into one thread to make things easier for everyone involved.

Also it is against Forum Rules.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Adam1995 I responded to your post elsewhere but this should be fixed now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team