cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber broadband - sync speed low

john757
Dabbler

Fiber broadband - sync speed low

Can somebody please check if my sync speed has been limited? I used to connect between 55000 and 60000. I'm now synced at 33812kbps which is far lower than I've had in the past. Bit of a problem when all the family are streaming videos etc...
5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Fiber broadband - sync speed low

Hey @johm757,

Thanks for flagging this and I am sorry to hear about the slower than usual speeds. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have performed a few tests over the service and there appears to be a phone fault affecting your service, I have raised this here with more info for you.

Thanks.

john757
Dabbler

Openreach have done what they can. Still the same and their online portal advises to contact the service provider as shown below. Slow Internet and unable to make phone calls.

Unfortunately the engineer has been unable to complete the job. Please contact your service provider.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @john757,

Thanks for giving us a nudge here.

I've provided a further response over the support ticket we have open on this case.

Thanks.

john757
Dabbler

The issue now appears to be resolved by openreach, issue with underground cabling.

Would the line now benefit a reset due to the issues and multiple disconnects experienced? I just want to make sure it's connecting to it's full potential.

Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @john757

I'm glad to hear that the issue appears to be resolved.

From what we can see your line is on the best profile already "0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" so there isn't anything holding your line back at the moment.

I'd recommend monitoring your connection over the next couple of days and if the speed doesn't increase further let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team