cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber broadband but speed is around 20mb?

superflyin

Fiber broadband but speed is around 20mb?

Hello, could anybody help me with this? I've recently joined to plusnet with 39 Mbps internet, been about 3 weeks but the speed is only around 20mbs. It a new installation so all the equipments are new. I connected my laptop to the router with cable but made no dfference. My line information is below:

Estimated line speed:
    74Mb (This may vary between 56.8Mb and 74.4Mb) - Checked on 2016-03-02 10:54:14
Current line speed:
    21 Mb
5 REPLIES 5
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Fiber broadband but speed is around 20mb?

It's the 'current line speed' (Plusnet's 'copy' of your IP profile) that needs updating - a call or online chat to Plusnet customer support should sort it (or you may get lucky and a staff member might spot your post).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Post spotted and profile changed Wink
You may need to disconnect/reconnect for the change to take effect on your side Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
superflyin

Thanks for the fast respond. I've seen my internet speed had been39mbs after fixing it  but now i lost my internet connection. The orange light on the router keeps blinking.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to see you seem to be back online now, judging from your account. However I'm not entirely sure why you lost connection for around an hour.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
superflyin

I'm glad it didn't take long. Thank you very much for your prompt respond and help.