Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Disconnects

Solmark
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fiber Disconnects

My DSL line keeps disconnecting. It seems to be happening 3-4 times a day, after about 2 minutes it reconnects. This is playing havoc with my sons enjoyment of Fifa since the disconnect causes him to lose instantly.

I have a Plusnet Hub One, I powered it down and left it for 10 minutes, but this keeps happening and it's driving us all potty.

Anything I can do to resolve?

I have fiber unlimited and get crica 70mb dl/20mb upload

3 REPLIES 3
RTNI
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fiber Disconnects

Is there any noise on the phone when you listen to the dial tone or via calling 17070 option 2?

If so then raise a fault with your phone line provider.

Log into your router (192.168.1.254) then click trouble shooting tab at the top, followed by helpdesk link.  Input the password and look at the stats.

Copy and paste them here (removing sensitive information such as username, WIFI SSID and MAC address etc).

laurenwibberley

Hi,

Can anyone please help me? I have PN Fibre and everything has been excellent for many years, until yesterday! We had a power cut and since then I have been unable to connect to the internet in the kitchen or upstairs since. We have never had this problem before?? 

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Solmark

Our tests aren't showing the amount of disconnections you're seeing.

Are your devices connected to the router over WiFi or using an ethernet cable?

@laurenwibberley

Welcome to the community forums. It sounds like the power cut did something to your router.

Also, the physical connection looks to be pretty unstable this morning:

Is your modem plugged into the master socket still and your router was left switched on today?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet