Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Connection

FIXED
Alex2x
Grafter

Fiber Connection

Hi all, im due to get connected to Fiber tomorrow, but I work away from home and am away for 2 days, i was wondering will my BB connection still work with the old modem pluged in after fiber upgrade. Just dont want my girlfriend to be without a connection until i get back. I have the new fiber router but was told not to connect it until notified too.

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Fiber Connection

Fix
Hello @Alex2x

The new router will work with your existing broadband connection.

If you set it up tonight and start using it, the switchover tomorrow should be seamless.

I hope this helps but if you have any further queries please feel free to just ask.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Alex2x
Grafter

Thank you
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Alex2x
Grafter

HI again as we discussed last night I switched to the new router. Everything worked got up for work this morning at 05:30 to an email saying the switch to Fiber was now complete. I'm still away from home and just recived a call from my girlfriend saying there is no Internet and an orange light on the front of the router and suggestions
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm, any lights flashing on the router?

I'm on annual leave for the rest of the week, however if you private message me with your landline phone number (if you know it) I'll be happy to run a few diagnostics.

Thanks for your PM @Alex2x

Initial diagnostics aren't showing any reported outages, but the full test has failed to run via the systems we use. It has however indicated a possible issue with the line itself.

I'd advise to run a line test here. At the moment, I don't believe the result of this line test you can run yourself will be very informative, so I'd advise to then check here for any open tickets that may indicate a fault has been automatically raised.

Failing the above, try a factory reset of the router. Wait 5-10 mins, if that doesn't help then go to the router settings at http://192.168.1.254, navigate to Advanced Settings, select the Broadband option from the pink banner once logged in, make sure the username it's using is YourUsername@plusdsl.net and the password is the Account Password then press Connect.

The final step I'd suggest to raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net if you need to.

Alex2x
Grafter

Thanks for trying line check doesnt work cant really do anything else atm because im not at home will try to log into the router tomorrow Cheerss
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems, feel free to let me know if you need any further help.