cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Broadband or No Broadband what so ever

Alex2x
Grafter

Fiber Broadband or No Broadband what so ever

Feeling quite hacked off to say the least. My ADSL connection was supposed to be upgraded to Fiber yesterday. Received an email telling me that everything was up and running, and now we have no broadband at all. I spoke with the Technical support team this morning and raisled a ticket hoping that some action might be taken but nothing. There something about a new line sync on Sunday. Does that mean nothing is going to be done until then.
I have no information of what is been done or going to happen. All I know is I am paying for a service that doesn't provide me with anything what so ever.

Can somebody check out what is happening please.
8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Fiber Broadband or No Broadband what so ever

Sorry to hear you still can't your new fibre connection online.

I've just checked our suppliers systems and I can see a fault report has been raised this morning and is currently in hand with Openreach.

We'd expect an engineer to investigate further within the next 24-72 hours.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Alex2x
Grafter

Is it possible that my username and password might have changed. Is there a way we can find this out.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Your username can't be changed, however as for your password are you able to login to the Member Centre using what you think your password is?

Whilst it's unlikely to be a password issue because our suppliers have accepted the trouble report we've raised, have you tried connecting with your details as per the instructions in my post over here?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Alex2x
Grafter

Hi m8 thanks again for your help. Nothing works I'm afraid. Seriously hacked off with this. Shame it wasn't looked at today really.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Your fault was passed automatically through to Openreach yesterday after being reported, apologies that you weren't advised of this. They have advised that it's being investigated and we'll receive an update in 2 working days, the 6th Feb. Once you're back up and running we'll arrange a refund for the downtime.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex2x
Grafter

Since 18:30 03/02 my Fiber seems to have started to work again not been home yet to check the speed but thought I would let yous know and thank you all for your help.

Much appreciated.

Cheers Alex
Alex2x
Grafter

Am I going to get a refund for my downtime.... Can't say this new Plusnet Contract has been a great experience. No updates.... No explanation to what was wrong with my connection.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've arranged the refund and responded to the fault ticket.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.