cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Fibre Questions!

jslane
Grafter

Few Fibre Questions!

BT have finally installed a sexy new cabinet and I can now upgrade to Fibre broadband! Woohoo!
Just have a few questions before I decide to upgrade!

• Can I keep the same static IP?

• Do I need an engineer visit? I'm using the BT Home Hub 5 and have a filtered faceplate (installed myself - so if I need an install, I better swap it back to the BT one!). I could do without the extra wires from the modem too.

• What's the current wait time for upgrades to Fibre?

• Are there any special offers for existing customers upgrading to Fibre? Although I'm happy with plusnet, I'll be looking at other ISP's deals too.

I think that's all I need to know, but let me know any extra info I might be interested in. Thanks! Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Few Fibre Questions!

Hi there.
Can I keep the same static IP?

Yes you'll keep the same static IP on whichever package you upgrade to.
Do I need an engineer visit? I'm using the BT Home Hub 5 and have a filtered faceplate (installed myself - so if I need an install, I better swap it back to the BT one!). I could do without the extra wires from the modem too.

Unfortunately we don't do self install orders at the moment so if you were to go with ourselves you'd need a engineer visit. You don't have to change the faceplate back to the old one.
What's the current wait time for upgrades to Fibre?

Your normally looking at around a week or so although it depends on the resource in your area.
Are there any special offers for existing customers upgrading to Fibre?

There isn't anything I can offer you here but if you speak with our Customer Options Team I'm sure they can offer you something.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jslane
Grafter

Thanks Matthew! Cool
KatC
Grafter

No problem!