Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Faulty BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

Hi guys,

For a few days now I've been trying to do a line test using the BT Test site, because I was worried about my upload speed. I only just signed up to Fibre 38MB and am getting only 1.7MB uploads. I now understand that "Up to" 2MB is standard?

The first half is working great but when I try to do the further diagnostics I get this message:

"Test Error

The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider."

I've tried the test at different times of the day but I'm still getting the message.

Is there something I have to worry about as it says to raise the issue with my provider.

I don't want to hang on for Tech support for 15/30 minutes if it's nothing.

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5
LittleBitGrumpy
Hooked

Re: Faulty BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

I'm also getting the same error on the speed test and I think it's now a 40/2 package so max upload would be 2MB. I'm only getting 1.6MB upload (5.5MB possible)

mexicano
Rising Star

Great. Glad to hear that. I thought it might be me! If other people are getting the error then I guess BT will eventually get around to fixing it Smiley

I thought the ratio was 40/2 so that's OK too. As long as the download speed stays around 36/37 I'm happy.

Thanks again

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Same diagnostics test failure here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
mexicano
Rising Star

Then who is responsible for the test site? I guess BT? If so, then who reports the fault to them so it can be fixed?

Does Plusnet monitor this forum so they can report the fault, as Plusnet belongs to BT?

I would like to see the additional testing finished.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've flagged these through to our suppliers to investigate, it's not the first time I've seen this but hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.