Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Fault

This speed just is not acceptable im supposed to be on a 80/20 profile connection is dropping every few minutes and this issue has been going on since the begining of july im just not happy with the amount of time it has taken to try and get this sorted out I do have a prepared email to send to plusnet CEO if this is what i am forced to do to get this sorted its been going on long enough faults are supposed to be fixed within 72hours  i will be forwarding a copy of my mobile bill for cost of calls due to not having a proper working phone line .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Update to fault still ongoing ..... Openreach been back for a third time saying that they will now have to replace the underground cable to my property could now be waiting a few more weeks until this is resolved .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

This is now getting worse im paying for an upto 76mb service normally i sync around 68-69 but this speedtest and IP profile is bad and if what openreach says is true about waiting weeks for this to be fixed then i am not going to sit around waiting weeks something more needs to be done this fault has been going on for too long i will cancel my direct debit instruction as i am not going to pay for a service that i am not able to use .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

This is the speed my line should be getting and to be honest i am getting fed up with this ongoing fault that gone on for nearly a month and a half very disappointed in plusnet at the moment we'll do you proud ? well you certainly aint doing that at the moment .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Speeds dropped even further now only syncing at 17meg
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm trying to decipher the fault notes on the Openreach system at the moment, have you noticed any work going on around you as the notes suggest they've performed some dig work that's due to be backfilled soon and we've been told to check for an update tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

They have done the dig but could  not fix the fault as the underground cable has to be replaced from the street joint to my property engineer said it would be a few weeks before that got done.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Im not sure why the dig is being backfilled soon as the engineer has said  the cable from the hole they have dug they now have to replace the entire length of cable from that joint to my property which means they are having to dig a trench on my property to put new cable in but have been told this will be done in a couple of weeks but this fault has been ongoing for far too long my broadband is disconnecting continuously making it unusable DLM has now kicked in .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Have plusnet got an update on my current fault.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Do plusnet have any idea on how much longer i have to put up with these constant disconnections for ? To me it feels plusnet are ignoring this thread im not going to put up with this for much longer my patience is now starting to wear abit thin nearly 2 months this has been going on for now if you check the radius logs you will see the constant disconnections and also the lower speed profile . I have now sent an email to the CEO of plusnet and also cc'd  copy to ofcom as this is now taking too long to get this fault fixed and with the way this is going you are almost certain to lose me as a long standing customer .
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

What should be a 70meg line has turned into ADSL2+ speeds and even then it drops to below 10meg enough is enough this has to be sorted and im certainly not prepared to be waiting weeks sorry if this is a bit strong but at the end of the day i am a paying customer and i expect to receive the service i am paying for to which at the moment i am not . I am in two minds to invoice plusnet a set figure for each day that this fault is still ongoing .
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

No, you should invoice OR.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Openreach told me on monday that they have to replace the entire cable from my property to the cable joint outside but said i would be waiting weeks for them to do it as they only do one job at a time but i am not prepared to wait weeks they have had nearly 2 months to fix this .
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: jamesanstee
i am not prepared to wait weeks they have had nearly 2 months to fix this .
Unfortunately if you are reliant on your telephone line for broadband there's not much you can do about it. You could try writing to BT's CEO but I'm not sure it'd achieve anything. Are there any other (none telephone line based) providers available at your property?
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro

Only mobile network i can get near me is three but even then signal is very patchy because of where the mast is located im in a bit of a dip .Already sent an email to BT's CEO and plusnets CEO along with a copy of the email to BBC watchdog plusnet know that this phoneline is a lifeline for my 84 year old father who has had 2 strokes in the past and runs the risk of another so a working line is vital .