Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault?

etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Fault?

So I've had my router replaced due to after 7days my speed would drop to half the speed and only a reboot of the actual router would solve it. New one does the same so opened a fault and I've noticed it says ' our tests have detected a fault '

Is this a normal procedure to say it's detected a fault as part of the testing? Or is it genuine fault
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Fault?

Hey there. Our broadband troubleshooter should only report that it's detected a fault if it finds a possible fault after running its automated tests. At which point it should automatically raise it to BTWholesale for further investigation.

I'll provide you with a clearer update in the morning once I'm back in the office. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
etdsaunders
Pro

Many thanks for chasing this up, look forward to hearing from you when back in the office

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience. Our suppliers have found no fault with the service, I can see that you've submitted the BTWholesale speedtest to us. Our faults team will investigate this further and be in touch within the next 72 hours.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
etdsaunders
Pro

Hello,

Again thanks for the reply, getting quite annoyed at the fact my speeds drop to a bare 42mb after 7days. I shouldn't need to be restarting every 7days to regain my 77mb speed.

I've tried a gateway hop, that also don't rectify the problem with speed and only way to fix it is to actually reboot the router. I'm not sure if I was to pull out the DSL cable and insert again to see if that solves the problem maybe I should try it next time to rule out a possibly router problem? However two routers can't be faulty.

I've got the following devices connected:

PlayStation 4 (Ethernet)
skybox (Ethernet)
Raspberry Pi (Ethernet)
Raspberry Pi 2 (wireless)
Sky Multiroom (wireless)
iPhone 5s (Wireless)
Samsung S6 (wireless)
2 laptops (Wireless)
pap2t (Ethernet)

seems I'm paying full price and getting half a service unless I reboot

Let's hope plusnet come up with a solution

***EDIT***
Forgot to mention it's only my download effected, upload never drops below 18mb.
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That looks like a lot of devices, are they all using your connection at the same time? Could explain your throughput issues..
etdsaunders
Pro

Only about 3/4 devices connected and active at one time normally.

If this was causing the problem I'd see it the Moment broadband would be connected not 7days later.

When the line/router/whatever goes into slow mode if I disconnect all devices it still don't improve till I physically reboot the router

Never had problems with adsl
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

We'll see what our faults team find when they investigate and get in touch with you.