Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault or yet another order failure?

FIXED
Orang
Hooked

Fault or yet another order failure?

Been with Plusnet a long time.  Line speeds have always been low due to long distance from the cabinet.  I accepted this as a cost of rural life.  However, the village recent got a new FTTC cabinet and we are now told that we can get up to 76Mbs.  A couple of near neighbours are now actually getting these speeds.

On the strength of this I signed up to superfast broadband on the 1st of June.  This has not gone well. The hardware order for a new router failed (now resolved), orders from PN to BT have failed at least twice, and I have wasted alot of time contacting and attempting to contact PN via phone (wait times are a sick joke, "unusual volume of calls" is CLEARLY lies!), online chat (frustrating method of communication IMO), raising tickets etc.  Promises are painfully extracted - and broken.

Last communication back in June promised (once again) connection on 11th July - a further 3 week delay at the time.  We were away then and have just returned to find no change to download speeds at 2 - 4.5 Mbs (guaranteed minimum 34Mbs!) but possibly a change to upload speeds, now 1.5 ish Mbs as opposed to 0.3 - 0.4 Mbs previously.

Frankly I don't know now whether we are still running as we were before due to yet another failed order or whether there is now some technical reason for the low speed.  I have raised another ticket this morning and will no doubt have to go round the loop of frustration again......

I am deeply dissatisfied with the service from Plus Net.  More or less impossible to maintain a coherent dialogue via any means.  They keep closing tickets /questions due to time out (due to their own delays!) meaning you keep having to start afresh.

Any constructive advice/suggestion appreciated!

Thanks

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
miket
Dabbler

Re: Fault or yet another order failure?

Not sure I can help I'm afraid, but exactly the same has happened to me.

Clearly there is no quality assurance in the fibre order process, i.e. making sure all details are correct, and then checking that the order has gone through properly.  And then checking whether the service has actually been delivered before activating the billing at the new increased amount.

The worst bit was that Plusnet Support just say they "cannot" do anything about it, and say it's all down to Openreach.  But, hey, I'm just a little "loyal" customer!

Mike

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

@Orang Sorry to hear about the issues you've had,

If you retest the speeds now you should see a increase.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Orang
Hooked

Well, Matthew, what can I say....... quick speed test shows 37 Mbs!  More or less 10 fold increase........ and the 21st century has arrived in the Somerset bush.

So thank you for this.  I'm impressed with the speed of your action - either you are a magician or very well connected. Smiley

It is regrettable though that it has taken 7 weeks to get to this point when I was originally promised 8 days.  I also have to say that trying to sort it out has been a miserable experience as PN customer service routes are confusing, disjointed and apparently nearly as baffling to PN staff as to myself.  Sometimes I'd get emails, sometimes not and I'd only find things out by having a rummage in the open (or closed) questions string in my account.  This made worse by question strings being closed either by PN staff or by timeout (with PN being the cause of the delay) so no one string to follow.

As sensibly suggested above, a bit of internal QC to ensure that things are actually happening as planned and not forcing your long suffering (and now grumpy!) customers to dive back into your support system to report problems you should already know about would go a long way to keeping people happy. It would also reduce loads on the clearly overloaded support systems.

As for the phone support...... IMHO 5 minutes hold time is on the outer limit of acceptable.  15 minutes is taking the mickey and 30 minutes is just shameful.  Never in my attempts to get through to support have I been advised of less than 15 minute wait, whatever time of day.  So for the recorded message to claim "unusual volume of calls" is just untrue.

Anyway, enough moaning.  Hopefully I won't have to bother the systems again for a good long while, and if I do, I'll try the forums first!

Cheers

Nick

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it's done the trick!

I'll make sure your feedback is passed on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team