cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault is being ignored

rosslagerwall

Fault is being ignored

My fibre internet stopped working on Monday night.
Reported a fault on Tuesday morning with the standard response of "your line is being tested, may take up to 24 hours".
It's now a day and a half later with no response.
I'll report the fault here since it's difficult to actually report useful information in the fault reporter.
My openreach modem is connected directly to one of those new faceplates with separate data and phone connections, no other microfilter (I've got no phone). The DSL light is solid green on the openreach modem.
I have a Plusnet 2704n router connected to the Openreach modem. The Internet light is a solid red.
Logging into the router admin section shows "Can't connect... check username and password". This suggests that the line is syncing but there's an authentication error. Looking at expert_user.html shows "Access Denied" for the internet status. Given that I didn't change the username/password while I was sleeping, I assume that the problem lies elsewhere.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Fault is being ignored

I'm getting this picked up, could you try a reboot of the modem and router?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rosslagerwall

Re: Fault is being ignored

Thanks for picking this up.
I've tried rebooting both router and modem several times. Also did a full reset of the router and re-entered configuration details. There's no change in behavior and it is still not connecting properly.