Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault has returned!

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Fault has returned!

My fault, supposedly fixed on Tuesday, has returned overnight with disconnections & now my speeds are only 2 down & up. I've run the required tests so I would appreciate a speedy response to get this fixed once & for all. I can take an engineer visit at any time. Thanks as always for your help & cooperation.

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Fault has returned!

Hi and thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that you have contacted one of my colleagues via our telephone support channels and that they've updated your fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=177620332

Best wishes,

Dave

tijara33
Pro

I hope that the faults team hurries up because I doubt that my internet will survive much longer. It's worse now than it was last week. Obviously the fix on the line on the pole has failed again!

tijara33
Pro

Since Friday my connection does seem to have stabilised. I've heard no more from your faults team. Is it possible to receive an update as to the present situation? Thanks.

tijara33
Pro

I spoke too soon! It's playing up again, maybe it's the heat affecting the dodgy cable from the pole to the property which was supposedly fixed last week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

From what I can see your line has been stable for over 2 days at 39.5mbps.

Are you seeing the recent drops over a wireless or wired connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tijara33
Pro

Thanks for your responses. I don't understand how a fault can be automatically closed after 5 days when on Friday your faults team agreed that the fault had returned, as you can see from your attached graph.

However, I do appreciate your response & I will continue to monitor the situation. Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries. Unfortunately the adviser you spoke to on Friday didn't reject the clear on the fault report with our suppliers which meant that they weren't aware the problem wasn't resolved. That said the main thing is that your ticket is still open with us, we can easily raise a new fault with our suppliers if needed. Keep us posted and hopefully your connection/speed remains stable!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet