Did you mean: 

Fault at Exchange, BT nor Plusnet will report fault to Openreach

FIXED
buchanman
Fixes: 1

Fault at Exchange, BT nor Plusnet will report fault to Openreach

Hi,

My Father in Law aged 84 has lost his Broadband connection, phone is working OK

Plusnet say the fault is at the exchange and is an Openreach matter. (Call Openreach)

BT say as the phone is working so they cannot contact Openreach.

I have tried to contact Openreach but as I am not a reqistered communication company they cannot help.

Can anyone suggest what I should do?

3 REPLIES 3
iwantinfo

Re: Fault at Exchange, BT nor Plusnet will report fault to Openreach

You need to get onto Plusnet again and tell them they arent delivering what your old fella is paying for. Ergo, they're in breach of contract. It's not your responsibility to chase BT. If Plusnet do not respond quickly raise a complaint.

Sadly, this ping pong passing of broadband connection issues between BT and other ISPs is not uncommon. It's always the 'other' party's problem while the customer is left in limbo.

After years of having this on ADSL with BT and ISPs, it's the reason why I keep my line and broadband with BT. Fortunately since doing this Ive had no problems (touch wood).

buchanman

Fix

I did say that I thought Plusnet were responsible for contacting Openreach but the advisor would have none of it as according to their test the Broadband was OK and it was an exchange problem and they were not allowed to raise a fault report with OpenReach.

When I contacted BT they basically said the same with the same result. "We are not interested in your Broadband, you are not our customer for Broadband"

Anyone found a solution to this problem?

buchanman

I have just had confirmation from my father-in-law that his broadbanb has been restored.

Plusnet did contact Openreach and the fault was fixed overnight so I got him to reset his router and everything is working so well done Plusnet and Openreach for the quick action.

Thanks.