Re: Fault Caused by Openreach

Looks to have been a resync around 3am.

I'd say this is probably as good as it's going to get:

My Broadband Speed Test
---
Troubleshooting:
The Limitations of Traceroute & Ping
Latency: Connection "fast" but internet sluggish? Bufferbloat FAQ
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

By which I mean that it's a BT Wholesale or PlusNet network issue which isn't going to completely go away until the capacity restriction is lifted. Maybe BTw are just taking the opportunity to move things around over the summer and haven't finished yet...

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Ping - WhatsGoingOff

74Mbps is the maximum data payload throughput after overheads for an 80Mbps sync on a BT line, so it isn't likely that there's anything more for Openreach to improve locally.

---
Troubleshooting:
Black Holes: Worth noting that the Plusnet Hub One router has an MTU of 1488 bytes.
InterZoom
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fix

All looks to be resolved this evening. No guarantees, I suppose, but fingers crossed.

Interzoom speedtest.net at 21:55 on 14th August 2018Interzoom speedtest.net at 21:55 on 14th August 2018

This was consistent across a number of tests, using different servers, before 10pm.

Thank you so much to PlusNet for ensuring that Openreach sorted out the original problem with alacrity, for being willing to pursue the remaining issue via all the means available, and to individual team members for your consistent professionalism.  Cool

---
Troubleshooting: