Did you mean: 

Faster upload speed needed to work from home

FIXED
Andy2020
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Faster upload speed needed to work from home

Hi there, 

I am on 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' package, and need more upload speed for working from home. Can I get my upload speed uncapped and have it faster.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Faster upload speed needed to work from home

What makes you think your upload is capped?  You are already on the package with the highest available upload speed of up to to 20Mb

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Andy2020
Grafter

Hi there, My next door neighbour uses BT and gets 20Mb + upload speed and I only get 8Mb to 10Mb at best and I cannot use this for working from home.. Maybe I need the BT package he has... Kind regards

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Andy2020 

If your neighbour is getting faster than 20Mbps upload speed, that is, actual speed measured on a speed tester, not the sync speed, then he must be on a BT FTTP service,, not FTTC as supplied by Plusnet.

Have you checked what’s available on your line by putting your phone number in here? https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
If you want help interpreting the results then obscure your number and post the results here.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @Andy2020,

I've tested your line today and you seem to be getting the right speeds for your package, with a current upstream sync speed of 13.4Mbps. This is a fairly decent upload speed and should be adequate for general working from home activities, unless of course you're required to upload large files to a server as part of your role. Are you connecting your work device to the router via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable and could you also provide us a screenshot from a speedtest run from this device?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Duplicate post removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Andy2020
Grafter

Hi there, Ok that's good but its back to an old problem from last year when the line speed is shown at BT Broadband checker for my line as 70Mb download and 16Mb upload when there was a fault on the line and it took them 6 months to find and try and sort. Its nothing to do with my router as I have a pile of them here as openreach on their 6th visit said that was where the fault was "the router". Speed tonight is 10Mb download and 0.5 upload when speedtest is run. Thanks.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

You either have a line fault or your connected to a hot vlan . Maybe a Plusnet member of staff could check for you.
Andy2020
Grafter

Fix

Thanks.. just to say that I have a static IP

Andy2020
Grafter

Has this been fixed as its been marked as fixed...... still having problems as of tonight.... who marked it as fixed as it is has not...

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Andy2020 wrote:

Has this been fixed as its been marked as fixed...

You've clicked in error somehow - only the original poster or a moderator can mark a topic as fixed.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thank you for your response @Andy2020

To be honest, there's really little we can do, as is your download speed, upload speed is determined by the length of your line from the exchange, besides any potential faults on the line, which there aren't any.

Checking out the RRT, which gives the most up to date information on the line, your profile is:Downstream: 0.128M-80M3dB with Retransmission (High). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection

This tells me that the line is not banded at all and is performing within expectations. As per the speeds outlined on your contract, we advised you to expect upload speeds between 10Mbps - 16Mbps.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds