Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Line Profile?

FIXED
yamplus
Dabbler

Faster Line Profile?

Seasons Greetings!

Over the holidays, I've been moving a few bits around at home. Doing this has involved turning my networking equipment off and on quite a few times and as a result (I think?) my line sync speed has now dropped to 59999 Kbps, down from approx 72000 Kbps. I'm assuming the line thinks it is unstable so has dropped to a slower profile.

Any chance I could please be moved back onto the fast one Smiley

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!

2 REPLIES 2
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Faster Line Profile?

Fix

Hi @yamplus,

I've taken a look into this today and I can see that the speed is currently going into the property at a download sync speed of 69.8Mbps, with no banding present. Though this appears to be fine now, I can see that the connection was dropping out a few days ago in a pattern that doesn't look like it's due to things being moved around the property, though I'm only basing this off of the times of the drops and their frequency. It's possible there was a fault present, but the connection does appear to be stable now, so I would advise leaving the setup as is for the time being to see if any further drops occur. If they do, please let us know and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
yamplus
Dabbler

Re: Faster Line Profile?

Thanks @TheMightyAJ !

Perhaps the two things just happened to coincide; I'm glad there doesn't seem to be a fault at the moment. The connection has been stable, and I haven't noticed any recent slowness.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year! 😁