Fall in speed

FIXED
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Fall in speed

Hi @fred77,

I've tested the connection again for you. It's been stable for just over two days now (which is a good start compared to how it was previously). I can't find anything obvious on the GEA that looks like it could be causing a problem either, which means your dilemma is still in play. 

There are benefits to both; leave the line to see if it settles down, which it might well do but of course it could just be a constant noise that could be fixed.

Or, we send out another engineer, there's a chance they can't do anything and they class the noise within permissible range, or they're able to fix something to reduce it slightly (this in turn could have a knock on effect to the broadband service).

The decision is your to make, though. We can check the logs again in a couple of days and if you're still having an issue get someone else out for you. 

fred77
Rising Star

Hello.

Regrettably the problem with my line/speed etc., has returned. I have replied to a text PN sent me and also an email, both sent in the last 36 hours but have heard nothing back so i don't know what if anything is happening.

I again have a lot of noise on the line and these are the current stats from my router......

DSL uptime:

1 Days, 4 Hours 48 Minutes 11 Seconds

228 Kbps / 33.06 Mbps

442 / 42489

15.3 dB / 7.8 dB

24.7 dB

As you can see both speeds have deteriorated badly and the line is noisy when on the phone.

Presumably I shall have to have another engineer's visit and I would like someone to arrange this asap please.

The reference number of your ticket is: 185935987

Could you please get back to me to let me know what you will do about this ongoing problem?

I would appreciate an early reply to this email.Many thanks,

John, (fred77)

C

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi John.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

If you can reply to your fault ticket with your availability for another visit we'll be happy to book it in for you.

Let us know over here once you've replied and we'll pick it up for you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
fred77
Rising Star

Hello.

Have recently reported my ongoing problem and requested another engineer's visit, but as yet not heard anything. (In the recent past I have heard very quickly from the help team with an engineer's appointment.)

Is there a bit of a backlog or has nobody picked up my latest request?

John Lowe (fred77)

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @fred77, thanks for your posts.

I can see from the account that one of my colleagues was in the process of booking an appointment at the same time that I was, and so you may receive 2 notifications of the same appointment timeslot.

Don't worry, the appointment is booked in for 16/01/19 between 8am and 1pm.

Please let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.