cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fair Usage/Unlimited

Mookamoo

Fair Usage/Unlimited

I have recently got Fibre and want to start backing all my files up to a cloud service and then set up an automatic back up service to keep on top of things.

My concern is the initial data dump to the cloud.  I'll be looking to upload about 1TB of data initially before the automatic upload then takes over and adds to it incrementally.

Do I need to notify Plusnet beforehand as the initial upload is far beyond anything I've ver done.  I don't want to fall foul of some kind of fair usage policy.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Fair Usage/Unlimited

Hi @Mookamoo,

This doesn't go against any of of our fair usage policies, however it should be noted that if you plan to upload upwards of 1TB then your services will be affected during this upload (i.e slower speeds) so it's something to be aware of before you start the process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mookamoo

Thank you @TheMightyAJ

Will the slower speed be because my back up/upload process is hogging my connection or is it because Plusnet put some sort of brake on my upload speed.  The reason I ask is if I need to be aware of the process and if I need to inform Plusnet to get the brake turned off.

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm afraid that the slow down will be caused by the size and length of the upload itself and there's nothing that we'll be able to do from our side to prevent that from happening. If it's all just one big back up and you know you won't need to attend to it for the vast majority of the upload, it may be worth doing it overnight, to avoid minimal distractions from your regular services.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team