cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure in honouring minimum speed guarantee

grinch76

Failure in honouring minimum speed guarantee

My guaranteed speed is 40 mbps even though you still offer and charge me for unlimited fibre extra. Persistently now for days there has been a lag, 5+ mbps below minimum guarantee. Sometimes even more!!!!!!!!!!!! My contract is due for renwal and you are still advertising and offering and prepared to charge me for speeds, which are clearly unobtainable on this line. Can you confirm if there is any issues with service lately???? If not, I might as well save myself the misery and shocking customer service and change now. Dare I ask if plusnet intend to approve their fibre products in my area or is that prioritise to your sister company's customers (BT)??? 

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Failure in honouring minimum speed guarantee

This is clearly making you hot under the collar.

If the ADSL checker gives a range that exceeds 40 Mbps, be it only the high and not the low end of the range then you will be offered the 80/20 service. If this is not attainable you can always ask to be downgraded. If your actual speed is lower you may have a fault, so I suggest that you provide more data.  For your estimated range put your phone number in here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/telephoneHome
As you say, Plusnet currently do not offer a FTTP service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

grinch76

Hi there, 

Thanks for the reply, I am still trying to get through to plusnet to log the issue. It is so frustrating when trying to work from home also. I used the link you provided below, attached is the result. However, are you able to assist me on what typical speeds I should be having, because I'm not very tech in that sense lol

Cheers Broadband checker.JPG

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@grinch76 

You should be getting between 49 and 70.6Mbps so something is clearly wrong.

Are you testing over an Ethernet link to a computer? Speed checks over wireless don't count as you could be having a wireless problem. If you are using Ethernet the first two things to do are:

1. Take the front off the BT Master Socket, your may need to remove two screws. In behind you will find the test socket. Plug a wired phone in here and dial 17070 followed by Option 2, the quiet line test. If there's any background noise then report a phone fault.

2. If that's OK then plug your filter in the Test socket and connect it to your hub. Repeat the speed test with an Ethernet cable. If that's OK then you have a problem with your internal wiring so come back for further advice.

If it's still slow then report a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Let us know how you get on.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

grinch76

Hi Baldrick,
Yes I’m testing over Ethernet cable to pc. Thank you for the advice, I’m going to dig out my wired phone from the loft to try it because there is definitely an issue somewhere. Today for example I’m currently getting 27 mbps 😟