cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failt found on broadband

patti
Grafter

Failt found on broadband

I reported slow speeds on 1st April. I raised a ticket and it was reported back to me that a fault has been found. I was told it would be updated by 12 p.m today. I have heard nothing for a few days.(no updates on my mobile which they said they would) Can someone from Plusnet  keep me informed of any progress. please?Huh
15 REPLIES 15
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Failt found on broadband

you may not hear anything from the CRT until Tuesday it is the Easter break so that would delay things a little
patti
Grafter

Thanks Terranova... appreciate your reply  :)... just gets a bit frustrating ...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear your having issues.
Our testing isn't showing any issues with the connection and based on the information you've provided it looks like you connect over wireless?
Do you get the same issues over a wired connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

Hi Matthew. Yes with  wired as well. Speed has dropped offf down from a consistent 38 mbps. I was advised a fault had been found?   
patti
Grafter

Just tested it again and ...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

At the time our testing was showing a profile mismatch but that's since been cleared.
The second speedtest you've attached shows that it was run over wireless?
Were there any programs running in the background?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
patti
Grafter

HI Matthew. I am using a wireless connection because my laptop is used in different rooms and not practical. The router is situated in my lounge and I have checked the speeds in there, they are faster as I assume it is close to the router. Does having a wireless router give a slower speed? When the Outreach Engineer set up my fibre I was getting 37 MBPS in other rooms in my flat. But as I said, a couple of weeks ago I noticed it had become a lot slower when used in another room. My flat is not large. I have added a further two readings the first one is from my back room and the second from my lounge.
patti
Grafter

The screenshot I have posted is from my lounge. This one is from the back room..
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Please post a result using a wired connection - This is necessary in order to confirm that your broadband is OK. 
Once you've got the test result you can go back to using wireless.

patti
Grafter

I dont have an ethernet connectioin. I borrowed a lead from a friend and it is not here now. If as I suspect, the speeds are slower due to a wireless connection then I will accept that.
patti
Grafter

I would like to thank the folks that have helped during these posts. I have just spoken to customer services and have been assured all is ok. Speed issues are due to a wireless connection. Fingers crossed it remains reasonably stable  Smiley
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

If you are using the PN supplied router then that may be the cause of your issues. It's not the best router in the world.
Your best option is to purchase either a better router or try using powerline network adaptors.
Personally I use an Asus RT-N56U router.
patti
Grafter

Thanks Tijara.. yes I'm using the router PN supplied. I will give your suggestion a try. I know Asus are good. I have an Asus tablet.
patti
Grafter

BTW Matthew, you said in your post you found a Profile mismatch.. what exactly was this?