cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Fibre Installation

malnuk
Dabbler

Failed Fibre Installation

Yesterday I had a booking for an upgrade to fibre from ADSL, the engineer rang at 2.00pm to say he was at the cabinet and would be with me in 10 minutes, great so far Grin
The engineer duly arrived (not from Open Reach but a contractor) he spent a while trying to get the line to "Sync" as he put it, he tried on 2 different modems with no luck, he then returned to the cabinet to check everything was in order Huh
He eventually returned and tried again, no joy!
He then checked on his mobile 'phone and discovered there was a fault on the copper line that had already been reported, he told me that although it had not affected my  ADSL connection, it did have adverse affect on a fibre connection, he then rang Open Reach.
He left saying that he would go back to the cabinet and return me to my normal B/B connection, I asked what would happen next and he said Open Reach would have to rectify the line fault and then complete the fibre installation Cry
The problem is he did not know when Open Reach would do the necessary work? Obviously as a sub-contractor he was not in a position to get any dates off O.R.
Can someone please find out what is happening. (user = malnor)
16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Failed Fibre Installation

I'm looking into this for you now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
malnuk
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew,  very grateful for your help.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

They're hoping to have the external fault sorted by tomorrow.
I'll keep a eye on it for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
malnuk
Dabbler

OK thanks again Matthew Roll_eyes
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,
The Open-Reach engineer has been today and checked the copper wire connection for faults, both internally and externally, he did not find a problem with either.
He eventually found a fault at the cabinet, there is a faulty unit which needs to be replaced, unfortunately there was not a spare unit available for him to install, he did say it would not take long to get one.
As direct customer contact is not possible with Open Reach it has to go via Plusnet, if you would continue keeping an eye on things it would be very much appreciated.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear he found the cause.
I'm still keeping a eye on this and as soon as I have a idea when it'll be fixed I'll let you know.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Matthew,
Open-Reach have yet to complete my fibre connection, no visit or contact from them.
We should have been connected on  June 2nd, I'm afraid my patience with Open-Reach is wearing a bit thin.
Could you give them a push, it seems they are in no hurry unless they are chased up.
Regards,
Malc.
malnuk
Dabbler

I am still awaiting a reply from my last post, my fibre connection has still not been completed.
I have just paid my latest bill, which assumes I am receiving a fibre connection and have been charged as such.
Will someone please find out what's happening????Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just had a look over the account and the order and the only information I've got at the moment is the same note from the 2nd June stating there is a delay.
I've dropped Matthew an email as he seems to have more information on this, he's back in on Monday so I'll follow up with him then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Still no news on my fibre installation, I trust you had better luck than me re. your email to Matthew, I emailed him too but haven't had an answer yet.
Today it is exactly 2 weeks since the attempt to connect me to fibre took place.
To be frank this whole episode is becoming a joke, as an ex. manager I always understood the importance of communication, especially to customers.
Maybe some of the younger Plusnet staff should be taught  how important communication really is!! Angry
Wrighty11
Grafter

hi malnuk
Sorry for the delays in getting back in touch, I've checked for an update on the order. An engineer has been out on the 15th and found a fault with the order. Im contacting the suppliers for an update now. shouldn't be long
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Wrighty,
    Many thanks for keeping me informed of where we are with Open-Reach, your answer and the 'phone call were much appreciated. Grin
Best Regards,
              Malcolm
Wrighty11
Grafter

No worries Malcolm.
I will be in touch once I have the next step sorted out Cheesy
malnuk
Dabbler

Hi Matthew (Wright)
Open Reach engineer connected me to fibre this afternoon, but speed readings a bit strange, download roughly as per ADSL upload way up, see attachment, will check again tomorrow morning.
In the meantime I would like to thank you for getting me connected to Fibre, you're a star.
Regards, 
      Malcolm