cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed FTTC install ticket number 104103584

pjt

Failed FTTC install ticket number 104103584

My fibre install failed on 14th May. The Openreach engineer installed a new master socket faceplate and fibre modem then returned from the cabinet saying he was unable to complete the install due to a problem with the wiring in the cab.
Subsequently the problem has been "on hold".
Plusnet support say "I have spoken with our suppliers and they have informed me that the delay in the exchange is still on going. As of yet we don't have a review date of when its due to complete check back on 26/05/2015"
Meanwhile I have contacted Superfast Leicestershire who are managing the fibre rollout in my area and have contacted OR on my behalf. They say "I have checked with Openreach and they are getting orders from other suppliers, so there is not an issue with the cabinet their comment was get your customer to try other providers."
I'm confused. Is there a cab / exchange problem or not? Help!
7 REPLIES 7
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Failed FTTC install ticket number 104103584

Hi pjt,
Firstly, welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear of your unsuccessful installation attempt.
You may think I'd be a bit biased, but I would stress not to rely on Superfast Leicestershire to contact Openreach. They are only allowed to say whether ISP's should be allowed to place orders or not. Plusnet should (and will) chase this up for you.
In the interest of transparency, here are the engineer's notes word for word:
No sync at pcp dslam wiring is not terminated on all ports

Now this suggests that there is some problem with the ports at your local cabinet. We have raised this with Openreach and they have said that it should be fixed within 48 working hours. I just feel that it's a little unfortunate that there is a Bank Holiday in between, making it seem like a longer wait.
Whilst it's bad news, I hope that this should be resolved soon.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
pjt

Hi Matty
Many thanks for looking into this for me and for the reassurance that this is being actioned.
I've had a long wait for FTTC - delays, cabinet installed in wrong location, weeks of waiting for cabinet to be moved and start accepting orders and now a failed install because of a cabling problem. I'm really hoping you're right that it won't be much longer before this is resolved.
Thanks again.
Phil
pjt

I have been awaiting an update since my ticket came off hold yesterday morning. Would MattyC or a colleague be able to check the latest status and let me know what is going on, please?
Many thanks. Phil
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry for the delayed response pjt, looks like there was an update shortly after your post earlier, there should be further updates coming through tomorrow as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
pjt

Thanks, yes there was an update yesterday although I am bemused as to what it means.
Our suppliers have requested we appoint a standard appointment first to progress your order further. Once this has been done we should receive a further update on fixing the problem, and we can hopefully then reappoint. We will check back tomorrow for more details.

I had understood from previous updates that on Tuesday you would be receiving an update from your supplier (OR?) on the cabinet issue (which was due to be fixed within 48 working hours, i.e. by Tuesday morning) and that you would then  book an expedited engineer visit to complete the install.
From the above, it sounds like there has been no update from OR and they are now asking for you to "appoint a standard appointment" (whatever that means) before they provide an update on the problem (which should already have been provided on Tuesday?) and then you will can "hopefully" "reappoint".
Could someone please clarify what is happening, and more to the point, when I can expect my (already 2 weeks delayed) install to be completed?
Many thanks, Phil
pjt

Looks like something happening... my existing ADSL connection dropped shortly after posting the above, and I popped around the corner to find "Fibre Optic Communications Ltd" working at the cabinet - hopefully on fixing my problem.
ADSL is now back up - albeit with sync speed reduced from ~2.2 to ~1.4 Mbps - hopefully not for long though.
Update would be appreciated from PN team when possible.
pjt

And support have been in touch to book another engineer visit next week. Fingers crossed.