Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Facebook app really slow

Hello @Jackbontempi,

Thank you for trying that for me, the speed is still below estimates and we need you to raise a fault here ,  so that we can raise this with our supplier.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I've mentioned this before, but the link posted by staff is out of date for modern households

As you have the lower middle socket, removing the lower half of the front cover does expose a test point, but it isn't the true test point.

The upper part of what's left on the wall also comes off.

Then you get to the true test point. Stick the microfilter in there (the last bit on the wall) - it'll look the same as the one you tried.

(I's give up pointing this out to PN - not having a go, but Plusnet did say they'd look into it and as per normal, they don't bother - not aimed at you Sammy)

Jackbontempi
Dabbler

I’ve tried this before. Fill out the form and get this error everytime
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Jackbontempi, thanks for your post.

Not to worry - the fault report came through fine.

I've run further testing but we still aren't detecting the cause of the issue. Due to this I've just raised a fault with BTWholesale for further investigation and we'd now expect an update within the next 3 working days. You'll shortly receive notification that we've opened a question on your account - no action is required by you at this time.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

Jackbontempi
Dabbler

Thank you 👍
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@RandallFlagg wrote:

@Kelly

Any ideas on @Jackbontempi 's Facebook disconnects?

Just following up on this ping, this definitely reads much more like a traditional fault rather than the original issue. We're on the right track with it now.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

We're on the right track with it now.

As SWMBO did have some issues with her FB via the PNH1, but (coincidentally?) didn't via the BTSH6, are you permitted to share what track you're on?

(I'm not saying this is a router issue)

TIA

N1ckw_87
Hooked

Hi All,

I’ve been with PN for around 4 months now. Consistently seeing the same issues with FB and Instagram; intermittently failing to load, switching to 4G and using on other peoples networks solves all problems with the apps.

Have just read through 300+ posts on this thread and can’t see a fix except for the chap who got a replacement router from the CEO!

All other broadband usage is fine (Netflix, Prime Video etc etc), it is only Facebook and Instagram which don’t work. We were on a BT non-fibre contract before with only 8mbs which had none of the issues we’re getting now with a much faster connection.

This has clearly been going on with PN for a long time. There’s a regularly used phrase in the thread; “it can’t be widespread as we would be inundated...” I think it may be more widespread than you think - some people just don’t want to go through the effort of contacting customer services.

Please please keep working on this - aside from the FB issues we’re really pleased with PN and it’s such a faff having to constantly change isp!

Kelly
Hero

Hi @N1ckw_87 Are you still seeing this? Are you using Apple or Android devices. Is it just you or is anyone else on your WiFi network affected?
Kelly Dorset
N1ckw_87
Hooked

@Kelly Yes, still seeing the issues. We're using IOS devices and the issue is only present using FB and Instagram apps. Both my wife and I experience the same problems on our wifi network but not when using other people's. All other internet usage is fine, no issues streaming on Fire TV, Apple TV, PC etc etc. It's only FB!

Kelly
Hero

It is ALL the time?  Very occasionally?  or somewhere in between?  (cc. @JonoH )

Kelly Dorset
N1ckw_87
Hooked

All the time. The apps will work for around 5 mins then hang loading until wifi is switched off. Videos within the apps are particularly badly affected - play fine for a few mins, then stop and buffer for ages.

No other web based stuff is affected. Just the FB and Instagram Apps.
Kelly
Hero

@N1ckw_87 wrote:
All the time. The apps will work for around 5 mins then hang loading until wifi is switched off. Videos within the apps are particularly badly affected - play fine for a few mins, then stop and buffer for ages.

No other web based stuff is affected. Just the FB and Instagram Apps.

Sad

Do you think you can replicate it on demand?  If so, would you be ok with us capturing some of your traffic while it was happening and seeing if we can see what is occurring?  @JonoH will arrange the details if so!

Kelly Dorset
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@N1ckw_87  we'd be really grateful if you could take a look at this and provide the information requested next time this occurs.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
N1ckw_87
Hooked

Of course, happy for you to capture traffic. Let me know what you want me to do!