cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

Lostk2

Re: Facebook app really slow

Hi we have 3 iPhones in use iPhone 7 6 and a 6 plus and all 3 suffer from lag using Facebook on plus net wifi router as with everyone else if we switch to 4g it's fine. Notice it most when watching Facebook videos it will hang quarter way through guaranteed every time. Other times pages take ages to open and have to force the app to close and start again don't have any issues on 4g Sad
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Everyone using the Hub one.  If you give the Hub one a reboot, does Facebook perform better after its rebooted?  Or does it stay the same?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
lrc123
Rising Star

It stays the same.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@lrc123 & @Lostk2, I've just upgraded your routers to the latest firmware revision (you may have noticed them reboot). Whilst there's nothing to suggest this is definitely hardware related, can you let me and @Kelly know if it's made any difference?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

geekofbroadband
Grafter

Facebook for me on my desktop using chrome is also very slow, wired connection. Can someone update mine

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@geekofbroadband, there's nothing to suggest a firmware update is going to help. Let's see what @lrc123 and @Lostk2 come back with first.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Lostk2

Hi so initial feedback is positive, my wife and daughter both suggested yesterday that they have seen a marked difference and last night they didn't need to revert to 4G at all. Personally if i play videos in facebook it is guaranteed to stop and buffer I've just left it running a few and one after the other and it didn't buffer at all.  I will continue testing it throughout the week and let you know but so far so good. (A huge thanks if this has fixed it 🙂

cmoorst
Hooked

Could you do this for me too?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Lostk2 wrote:

Hi so initial feedback is positive...

Interesting Huh

@cmoorst & @geekofbroadband, your routers have been updated too. 

Worth noting that the firmware update does initiate a router reboot, which could be what's helped. Wise to keep an eye on things in case it deteriorates again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

That's encouraging news @bobpullen.   If it does prove to be effective on the identified products, how long will it take to deploy across the estate?  I guess it will be batched to avoid swamping the network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

A firmware update is already planned to address the upload/PPP disconnection problem that's being discussed elsewhere. I anticipate the roll-out will commence this month.

Having said that, I'll be surprised if these Facebook performance issues are solely down to something in the current firmware. It's been in circulation/production since Summer/Autumn of last year!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

akeegan90
Grafter

Don't suppose I could get a firmware update too please?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@akeegan90, are you having problems with Facebook performance too?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

akeegan90
Grafter

Yes, I've been following this post since it was opened, facing the exact same issues as mentioned, both me and my partner having to revert to 4g connection to watch videos or sometimes just to see comments, I had a connection speed of less than a quarter of what I have now with previous isp and had no issues with facebook