cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Facebook app really slow

My problem has now completely gone away. I moved to EE! Also cheaper monthly price.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@madmanfree If you go to instagram.com on your desktops browser, to you get any images loading?  (i.e. logos etc) or no images at all?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
teamdb
Grafter

Been happening to me too for some time, thought some of it was down to the crappy Hub One so bought a Smart Hub (HH6) which whilst it's sorted my wifi issues, I'm still having issues with pictures and or video from FB/Insta either not loading or buffering and instantly resolving once dropping to 4G or at any other ISPs wifi connection.

Side note I'm also having some email issues which I'll start a separate thread up for, but ultimately might be the straw that breaks the camels back and results in farkeing off after 12 years

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ teamdb,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your connection and your email and apologise for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I've run a precautionary diagnostic test on your connection and this has identified a potential fault on your landline, this may also be impacting on your broadband connection. At this stage it's uncertain as to whether this is an external fault so I'd like you to run through some internal wiring checks first.

Please can you run through this phone fault checklist and also these checks for your Wi-Fi connection. I'd also suggest connecting to the test socket for your broadband as thus, using a new ADSL microfilter if you have one (you may still have one in your router box, if not they can be purchased reasonably inexpensively in the high street or online.

If the issue persists after you have gone through the checklists please come back to me here via this ticket or raise a fault here.

With regards to your email, please advise what the issue is and I'll come back to you. You can advise this on the ticket link I sent you.

Thanks - LF

harrym1byt
Rising Star

I am far from a regular on FB, but yesterday and today FB does seem to be loading now at quite a fair speed now. Very usuable.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @harrym1byt,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble loading the Facebook app and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. Have you taken a look through the above replies by staff on this thread and tried the wireless diagnostic steps provided to other users? 

Are you only noticing this issue on apps or are you having general browsing issues on other devices wired as well as wireless?

Thanks.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

I didn't have any issues with anything - that is apart from FB being unusably slow to load. I was simply saying that something has improved and now FB runs at a decent lick..

madmanfree

Instagram failed to load on a desktop PC connected via a wire. At the time all other websites and online gaming were OK. I have borrowed a BT hub and after a couple of days facebook has begun working, then a couple more days again and instagram has been stable. It would somehow appear that the plusnet router was causing the issue with social media websites.
Since joining plusnet 2 months ago the NowTV service has had intermittent issues. On three occasions the plusnet router restarted whilst only watching nowTV.
The router appears not fit for purpose.