cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Facebook app really slow

I also get this with Facebook and Amazon apps on IOS, my wife also complains of the same thing. No sign of a fix tbh, so I’m ready to move supplier at the end of my contract because of it.
N1ckw_87
Hooked

We got these which sorted it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RXLF5XZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_536MDbBHX5B3F

A bit expensive but had no issues at all since and probably worth it to ‘future-proof” the Wi-fi.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you taken a look through the above replies by staff on this thread and tried the wireless diagnostic steps provided to other users? 

Are you only noticing this issue on apps or are you having general browsing issues on other devices wired as well as wireless? 

Thanks, 

MoR

Rich2359
Dabbler

The fact that you’re still asking people the same questions this far down the line, clearly shows that you have done absolutely nothing about this ‘known issue’, despite it being years old now.
You really are a joke of a company.
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Rich2359 I apologise for my late response here but I've been off.

We really have done work on this and the issue was resolved for a large period of time. It's now resurfaced and we're trying to find out why this is happening. Over the last week or so whilst I've been off I've also started having this issue and I'll be offering my own services to test it, hopefully, we can find out why this is happening.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on this? My contract is ending in December and I’m off, as it’s still happening. Spend more time on 4G on my phone at home that on the Broadband.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Anonymous

At present there isn't anything to share in addition to what @JonoH has posted above - as soon as we know more, we'll ensure it's published here.

Best wishes

Dave

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@RandallFlagg wrote:

At present there isn't anything to share in addition to what @JonoH has posted above - as soon as we know more, we'll ensure it's published here.

Worryingly this is becoming a stock response to many Plusnet systems problems.  😣

When can we expect some positive responses with expected clearance dates?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

It's proving difficult to replicate @MauriceC  it's not impacting all users, all the time. When I was impacted as soon as we started monitoring it it stopped misbehaving and worked normally.  We would never give an expected clearance date, but we certainly can't  for an intermittent issue that disappeared for a year.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Thanks @JonoH , but my comment was more generic than this particular instance. ☹️

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

N1ckw_87
Hooked

I changed hardware and the issue is completely resolved.

I still use the Plusnet hub to provide the internet connection, but using a different wireless router has removed all defects from the connection.

I’d start with the hardware.
lrc123
Rising Star

Also fixed here (original poster of this long thread) with a new router after I had to get Plusnet’s CEO involved.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the new router their One Hub still? Or have they upgraded them to a Smart Hub like BT’s yet? Unfortunately it’s too late For me really, my contract is due to end and I don’t want to sign up to another 18 months of a second class product. I’m probably going to move to EE as they use the Smart Hub form BT.
lrc123
Rising Star

I think I was on my third One Hub before they sent me the Zyxel router that fixed the issue.
madmanfree

Happening in 2020 still. Started a week ago. Problems on an iPhone, a Huawei Android and a laptop with wireless or wired connection plus a desktop machine only on the wire. Facebook is intermittent. Instagram does not load pictures at all, tried reinstalling the App, tried Chrome/ Edge / Firfox and vivaldi.

Messed with wireless settings as per peoples recommendations but as I say this happens on two Windows machines on the wire also.