cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

adamnajak

Re: Facebook app really slow

Hi Kelly 

I'm having this problem consistently & have been following this thread for months, 80% of my usage is Instagram / facebook via app so would be more than happy to be involved with the solution before my contract ends.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

FYI all, we've got some more captures planned for tomorrow night on this.  Cross fingers we find something which helps us track it down.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Jkh88093
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Kelly- I'm meant to be one of the people they are monitoring while I use Facebook/ Instagram.

I reinstalled Facebook tonight in preparation and have been unable to replicate the problem- everything loads instantly. Same goes for Instagram (although I never really had problems with that one.)

I'll try again tomorrow morning to replicate it, but unfortunately (well, fortunately for me) it seems to be working without fault.
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks for letting us know @Jkh88093 I'm please everything's working for you Smiley I'll not call you this evening but if you have any issues please let us know.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Pearsonchris
Hooked

This thread appears to have died a death. I’m still getting the issues. What’s going on?
Rich2359
Dabbler

It happens every time. They bide enough time that you’ll be at the end of your contract and leave without having to renew. Truth is you can leave anytime as they are not fulfilling their contract and providing you with a service of which you are paying for.
The only way to resolve your issue is to change ISP to anyone other than plusnet.
GrahamPMW
Hooked

It’s been [-Censored-] since I moved from Sky broadband last August. I was sent a new router, no difference. I stupidly though upgrading to fibre would get me better speeds (silly me). When they increased the upload speed I though that may help but it didn’t. Biding my time until contract runs out. Anyone know of best company to go with, may give Sky another go?
BobRegis
Dabbler

Typical of a big company, hope that enough people forget about it and then carry on.

The promises about a BT engineer directly looking into this have come to exactly nothing.

Wait your time and then leave. Tell everyone you know about how they treat customers.

Don't expect Plusnet to even bother responding to this thread, if they do they will say some nonsense about how they are getting to a solution but in reality are just trying to keep you so you sign up to another contract of heartache.
Rich2359
Dabbler

I went back to sky. But the new sky router is a bit iffy at times. Then I completely lost all connection for a weekend. But they did send an engineer when they said they would and fixed it all.
I guess you pay the few quid more a month for an actual service that works.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Pearsonchris wrote:
This thread appears to have died a death. I’m still getting the issues. What’s going on?

We are still really struggling to replicate it.  Are you able to consistently replicate it?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
BobRegis
Dabbler

So as you are unable to replicate it you decided to just abonden looking for a solution.

Next step will be deleting this thread and denying their was ever a problem.

Does this mean that we can all come out of our contracts as you have been unable to provide us with the service that we paid for?
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Absolutely not Bob, firstly we use external moderators here not Plusnet staff. That means if you stay with the rules your posts and threads will remain censorship free. There's no bias here and wee feel that this approach allows issues be discussed fairly.

Secondly, we haven't stopped investigating it, there's plenty being done behind the scenes. replication would make it much much easier though.

@BobRegis wrote:
Does this mean that we can all come out of our contracts as you have been unable to provide us with the service that we paid for?

This is an intermittent problem so no, we wouldn't let you cancel free of charge, if however it's not intermittent for you and you'd be happy to replicate it for us to capture we'd be extremely grateful and it would help us rectify the problem sooner.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Rich2359
Dabbler

If it’s intermittent you’re not allowed to leave free of charge. (Very questionable seeing as the issues are consistent on using certain apps and sites and devices!).

But if it’s not intermittent can you help them solve it? Hahahaha, if it’s not intermittent you can leave for free clearly. They won’t help you, so why stick around to have no resolve still and help them after all they really do is ignore you. It’s been going on for years!
Send the ombudsman this thread along with you wanting to leave. They’ll help you, ignore these ‘non-bias’ mods.
Mouldy
Dabbler

I think i fixed ours by going to the wifi “i” info page in settings and changing DNS to manual and then adding a plusnet dns address 212.159.6.9 and the google dns 8.8.8.8. Seems to be working so far. It was just set to the router address
harrym1byt
Rising Star

I have just come across this thread and I have the same problem - slow FB loading, sometimes the site loading stalls completely. I am not a regular FB user, so it never really bothered me that much and I assumed it was probably the FB website which was slow.

I am using a BT HH5 with OpenWRT installed, via FTTC.

I have tried rebooting the router, wired and WiFi. I changed from using PN's DNS to OpenDNS to resolve another issue - BBCi access problems. The DNS change seemed to resolve that entirely.

I normally use Firefox, but Edge exhibits the same issues.