cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

lrc123
Rising Star

Re: Facebook app really slow

The zyxel/John Lewis one that apparently doesn’t work on Plusnet.
Luc74
Hooked

That is interesting news @dbonde.
I’m using an ASUS AC68U and have suffered from this problem on all my iOS devices since joining Plusnet.
Facebook app and the iOS App Store app are unusable via Plusnet WiFi but fine on all other WiFi and 4G.
Likewise all other internet traffic over Plusnet seems fine. Just iOS apps for Facebook and App Store.
Luc74
Hooked

Read somewhere else online that switching off beamforming within the router settings may help? The post implied that Apple devices don’t play well with the beamforming that ASUS and others employ. Could be a red herring but after all these months it might be worth a try.
I wonder if the Plusnet supplied routers also have this feature?
I’ve disabled it on my ASUS AC68U and will report back
Rich2359
Dabbler

Best make your cancellation team know that they won’t be getting their last bill. It’s as if they’ve completely screwed my connection since they received the cancellation notice and you can swing for anymore money from me. You’re a complete joke of a setup
uloonat
Dabbler

I’ve just had virgin broadband installed and am using the same ASUS router and home network setup as before. No problems whatsoever with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube streaming etc.
Will be cancelling my plusnet contract this week too, complete joke of a “service” provider.
Rich2359
Dabbler

I’ve been with Sky now for a week. No issues whatsoever with Facebook now.
Did have issues with the ps4’s Connecting, but have sorted that by separating the 2.4 & 5ghz channels.
Oh and their new routers only have 2 Ethernet connections. [-Censored-]! After speaking with them, they have deducted the cost of a network switch for me so I can connect my house back. It’s worked out better for me now though this way I must say!

£4 a month extra for sky, well spent I say! You pay cheap, you get Plusnet!
BobRegis
Dabbler

Still suffering.

For anyone else who has just moved to Plusnet, BT are offering to cover early termination fees of upto £300.

Plusnet clearly aren't interested in sorting this problem out so best bet would be to move. 

Bob

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bt-pay-your-early-termination-fees-upto-300-2897007

Lwio
Rising Star

Sometimes the grass is not always greener. I came from BT and suffered frequent (weekly, biweekly) cut outs. My reason for switching as well as cost. My friend has sky internet and has to restart his router almost daily. My daughter had sky and download speed was pathetic.
This is a very annoying problem, I hope they sort it out soon but apart from this one thing my phone and internet perform great. My download speed is tremendous and connection is very reliable.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi all, 

Sorry for this still being an issue. I just wanted to update that we are still looking at it.  Obviously it's not good enough that we are this far down the line and haven't resolved.

We've managed to replicate the issue with 3-4 staff members but can't work why it's happening.  There seems to be no pattern to devices or connectivity (in how you connect to us, or the through the BT network) which explains it.  We've people saying they see it with the same set up with people who don't.

The fact that people are saying that they've moved to non-PN networks and the issue disappears means it's clear something is going on which is related to our network in some way.  Possibly it's down to how Facebook have their data segregated and how the apps/devices connect to it, but that's just me trying to make sense of it of a very odd problem.

We _are_ still looking at it though.  Hopefully we'll have something more concrete soon.  

Cry

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@cmoorst - Can you PM me over the username of your Girlfriend?  Just realised she isn't on our list of affected users.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Pearsonchris
Hooked

Thanks for the update
BobRegis
Dabbler

Another month gone past without any improvement and of course no updates either.

I wonder if any others on the group may wish to collaborate on this to try and get Plusnet to actually take this seriously.

If so let me know (Social media, newspaper columnists etc). Raising the profile of this issue is the only way of getting this problem sorted. 

lrc123
Rising Star

Seriously, email the MD - social media didn't get me anywhere. This has been fixed since the team that deal with complaints to the MD sent me a new router.

AnthTowers
Hooked

Hi
We have recently upgraded to fibre and my wife is having the same issue.
I’m fine because I can’t stand Facebook;)
oatesm
Dabbler

Left Plus-net and all my problems went away.

Connection issues went and the dreaded Facebook problem is now working as it should. 

Went to SKY for £25 fibre