cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

milanochris
Dabbler

Re: Facebook app really slow

Why on earth do PlusNet staff think that a new router and/or firmware will resolve this issue when using a VPN solves the issue? That firmly points the blame at routing within the PlusNet/BT internal network.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I agree it looks that way, however the majority reporting problems are using the Hub One. We've also had reports that powercycling the router resolves the issue for a number of days before it returns. This last observation isn't synonymous with a network/routing problem.
It does no harm to rule out hardware playing a part in this, regardless as to how unlikely it is to be the cause.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

milanochris
Dabbler

I'd argue that the majority of your customers are using the Hub One. However there is one post in here that I saw a member using an Asus router with the same issue. Agreed it is good to rule out hardware, but if customers are getting around the issue by using a VPN through your network then that doesn't really leave much else that can be wrong other than internal routing.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Balb0wa
Dabbler

im using the HH5 , and it does it, fine via vpn though , and if i use my 4G from BT mobile.

cmoorst
Hooked

Received the router - thank you - will test it for a few days and post back how we get on.

nim81
Dabbler

Also received mine, thanks. Will set it up tonight and see how it goes.

cmoorst
Hooked

Girlfriend says Facebook is behaving much better now with the new router. I see there are comments suggesting this shouldn't have really helped so I'm skeptical, but the early signs are positive. Will keep monitoring.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@cmoorst wrote:

So, the router update didn't help but the new router seems to help?   Weird.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
nim81
Dabbler

Same with mine - I don't want to say it's definitely fixed yet, since some things I've tried have worked for a few days then it's started playing up again, but no issues so far since installing the new router.

One thing I did notice is that the new router has separate networks for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz - I never tried separating them on the old router, but noticed that was mentioned as a possible solution earlier in the thread.

anonymous3

Has anyone else been able to test an alternate router. Since moving to Plusnet a few weeks ago we are experiencing the same Facebook issue where we need to disable WiFi to be able to load comments and pictures.
Is a new router the only option at present?
geekofbroadband
Grafter

Ok facebook for me wont load at all now, using Plusnet Hub One lastest firmware, factory reset

Balb0wa
Dabbler

last night about 10 pm facebook was terrible , nothing would load at all, the page came up, but no content , through the vpn it was fine. HH5 and plusnet.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I think there was a separate, potentially unrelated, issue affecting Facebook access last night.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

akeegan90
Grafter

Any updates on this issue from staff? Looking into a change of isp as other half works from home and Facebook is a great way for advertisement for her and she gets alot of custom through it. I'm getting tired of waiting for this issue to be resolved. The line of Plusnet "we'll do you proud" definitely isn't relating to me right now and same goes for every customer in this thread I'd imagine
lrc123
Rising Star

Not relating to me at all, especially as I've been having this issue the whole time I've been with Plusnet. Had to buy extra data on my mobile contract last month, as I'm needing to use 4G at home, rather than my Plusnet broadband.