cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

geekofbroadband
Grafter

Re: Facebook app really slow

@bobpullen I'm not sure if it has helped it seems to be random, faster sometimes other times the same as before. I will click on facebook about half the page will load, then around 5 seconds later it will load fine, where as before it was instant, I too think its most likely not a firmware issue, I've only noticed it for a week or so now.

Also this new firmware being rolled out to everyone this month, will people who have been upgraded to this "facebook firmware" also get it and could anyone provide patch notes? I see the upload speed issues have also been an issue for a while now too, not sure if that fix was included.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The firmware you now have is the version we're starting to roll out this month, and yes it does address the upload issue. Wraps in some other bug fixes too, but nothing I've ever seen complained about round these parts.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

akeegan90
Grafter

Do you know when it will be rolled out? Very eager to get mine updated, my upload hasn't bothered my household too much I get 37 down and around 2up. The biggest problem is social networking.
lrc123
Rising Star

Still happening, maybe not as frequently, but still happening.

Burned through my 4G data allowance already this month because of this.
cmoorst
Hooked

Yes, same is still happening for my partner following the update, didn't fix.

nim81
Dabbler

Just to add - I haven't got the update, but in an earlier post I thought that perhaps changing the DNS server had worked. Unfortunately it seems it hasn't worked; it seemed a lot better at first but must have just been a coincidence as it's as bad as ever again now, just hanging every time you try to view comments.

Lostk2

Im afraid Looks like the update didn't fully resolve it for us, it seemed to be good for a short while but over the past weeks my wife has confirmed she is now having to use 4G almost all the time when the wifi lets her down mainly for facebook again. sadly the firmware upgrade doesn't appear to have resolved the issue after all.  in the past weeks I also have my line reset a few times because plusnet were trying to help determine why I wasn't receiving the  50-80Mb dl I was paying for (only getting 40) that is unrelated and has been dealt with (turns out we cant get the higher band so miss sold)  but just to let you know the line resets made by bt openreach whilst at my house, and plusnet over the phone didn't make a difference and no faults have been found on our line.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK, thanks for the clarification guys. I wasn't expecting the firmware upgrade to help, so in a way I'm glad of the findings Wink

@Lostk2, @lrc123@nim81@cmoorst@akeegan90 & @geekofbroadband - do any of you have an alternative router you can try? If not, I might try sending a couple out to see if the problems persist when your kit's swapped out. Recognise that there's at least one non-hub example in this thread, but would still be interesting to see if swapping to an alternative router helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

nim81
Dabbler

I don't have another router unfortunately @bobpullen, but if you're sending out new routers I'd be glad to try one

cmoorst
Hooked

Likewise, I sent back my old BT hub, which I believe we had no problems with. Would also be happy to test another.

lrc123
Rising Star

I have an airport express that I can create another wireless network with, but it would still be connected to plusnet router to connect to the internet.
akeegan90
Grafter

I threw out my old sky router when I switched, every provider sends you a new one when you join so figured I didn't need it!
Lostk2

I'm afraid not, am happy to test an alternative if you think it's worth trying.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@nim81 & @cmoorst, an alternative router is on its way to you. Should arrive in a couple of days. When it does, please set it up and report any findings over the subsequent week or so. Interested to know if the Facebook performance problems persist. As mentioned, I'm not 100% convinced this is hardware related at this stage but any evidence to the contrary would be useful.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

cmoorst
Hooked

Thanks Bob, will get it up and running asap and let you know how we get on.