cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook app really slow

nim81
Dabbler

Re: Facebook app really slow

Same problem for me aswell. It's been doing this for quite a while and I thought it was just me - typically it happens when you try to view comments on something and it just loads for ages then times out. Switching the wifi off then on again on the iPhone makes them load.

No issues when you use the app over just 4G and it also works fine on the wifi at work, which is just a bog-standard ADSL connection rather than the 78mbps fibre I've got at home where I have the issues.

Router is the standard Plusnet one.

lrc123
Rising Star

Hopefully someone from Plusnet will look into this as there are a few people with this issue.
Balb0wa
Dabbler

same here as well, fine on 4G

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks for replying,.

Can anyone confirm that the app on their phone is working fine on WiFi when it is NOT a PN broadband connection?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
lrc123
Rising Star

I only experience this on my Plusnet fibre connection. 4G is fine, even the 5Mbps broadband at my parents house is significantly faster.

Whilst my Virgin media contract over lapped with joining Plusnet I was able to do back to back comparisons- Plusnet was faster for everything except Facebook. Bear in mind that I swapped from Virgin to Plusnet because I found Virgin to be unacceptably slow < 10Mbps.
Kelly
Hero

Thanks.   We're seeing if we can work out why this could happen.  

Kelly Dorset
nim81
Dabbler

Hi Kelly, I can confirm that the Facebook app works fine on my work WiFi but I have the problem at home on my Plusnet connection

uloonat
Dabbler

I can confirm this. Have tried using the app on BT and virgin wifi with absolutely no problems.

However yesterday I connected to my plusnet wifi using a VPN and the problem disappeared.
starfluf

We're also experiencing this issue. We're on Plusnet fibre broadband and whenever at home on wifi the FB app connectivity is hanging. As soon as we switch to 3G/4G, it's fine. My wife and I are both using ios. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've given this thread a 'prod' internally.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having speed problems with the Facebook app. Testing your line isn't identifying any issues.

Is this just specific to that app, or are you seeing this across other apps/webpages?

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lrc123
Rising Star

As previously mentioned, just on Facebook and instagram and just on Plusnet connection.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there, what if you log in to the Facebook website on a browser via your mobile?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lrc123
Rising Star

As per previous comments it is fine on their mobile website. However that isn't ideal, especially not for instagram.
Kelly
Hero

@uloonat wrote:
I can confirm this. Have tried using the app on BT and virgin wifi with absolutely no problems.

However yesterday I connected to my plusnet wifi using a VPN and the problem disappeared.

Hi,

That's helpful information.  Can you double check this, just to make sure it wasn't chance?   It disappearing due to a VPN starts to point the finger at a bunch of things.

Which VPN are you using and do you know where your endpoint is based?

Kelly Dorset