cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP questions - house move

alms1407

FTTP questions - house move

I'm moving house to an area that is fibre enabled, the first problem I had was that since it's a new build there's no phone line installed. This meant that on every connection check I did, the results showed that fibre wasn't available for that property (but was for neighbours in houses that are complete). I've had confirmation from BT and Plusnet that this will be because there's no phone line installed yet, so I've gone ahead with an ADSL order and will upgrade once it's all in place.

On the phone to BT, they said that my new home will be FTTP enabled. I'm not sure what the Plusnet policy is on FTTP - I believe it is through a trial period? Will it be possible to change to FTTP once my phone line and ADSL connection have been installed in the new build, and what would be the associated costs and downtime if any?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: FTTP questions - house move

@alms1407

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, Plusnet FTTP is a trial product and is only available to existing customers most of whom are on ADSL. of course, the DSL Checker must state that WBC FTTP is available for your property.

Once it is then you can apply for the trial at https://trials.plus.net/
Please note that Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP, 40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up. Use BT if you want faster speeds (Infinity 3 or 4).

There  would be no down time as the FTTP install is totally separate to your ADSL phone line, indeed you can keep it going afterwards if you wanted too.

Installation times vary too much as FTTP installation staff are in short supply.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
alms1407

Thanks for the reply! Ah, that's a shame that Plusnet don't offer the maximum FTTP speeds Sad

Do you know whether this is likely to change in the future or not?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@alms1407

I've been using Plusnet FTTP for over 3 years now and it hasn't changed since I joined the trial. Sad

Anytime anyone asks the answer is nothing is planned.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@alms1407 wrote:

Do you know whether this is likely to change in the future or not?

We did offer them on the trial previously, so there's every chance for change in the future. However, having said this I don't believe it's currently planned so I wouldn't be able to give any guarantees or dates on when (If ever) that will happen.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet