Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP on Demand

FIXED
Paul3
Hooked

FTTP on Demand

On the DSL Checker site, it's showing FTTP on Demand 330/30 available on my line against my cab and exchange.

If I want to enquire about costs, who do I contact? Plus Net don't appear to be involved with FTTPoD.

Many thanks

Paul

Milton Keynes

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP on Demand

Hi there,

I'm not sure there are any service providers that offer FTTPoD to be honest, but I'm sure the community will be able to clarify further, though you're probably looking in the region of thousands of pounds.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fix

@Paul3

I would suggest searching the thinkbroadband.com forum. I found this one from this year, there maybe more

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4526073-bt-business-infinity-ultra-33030-fttpod.html?fpart=al...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Paul3
Hooked

Thanks for the info, it does sound a tad expensive, which makes me wonder how many residential properties will order...or just keep with FTTC and either BT start fibring up themselves or that Virgin Media comes to MK as competition...

Thanks
Paul
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Doubt BT will put in WBC FTTP where FTTC is available for a long while. They still have loads of areas where they have contracted to install FTTP to be completed first and then the newer areas where only ADSL is currently available.

Even in MK they have issues getting FTTP to properties which were promised it 6 years ago. Just look at the MK Broadband Action Group https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MKBAG/conversations/messages for Wavendon Gate South

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT