cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP on Demand but not FTTC?

drunkzombie
Grafter

FTTP on Demand but not FTTC?

My cab had some fibre installed recently and I was hoping that I could get FTTC. However I dont seem to be able to change my ADSL package to a fibre package via plusnet member centre. It looks like I can get FTTP on Demand (which I understand that plusnet do not offer on trail). Does this mean I cannot get FTTC only FTTPoD?

btcheck.pngbtwhole.png

6 REPLIES 6
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP on Demand but not FTTC?

It may be that the FTTC checker is yet to be updated mate.  FTTPoD is not something you're going to get unless you're willing to shell out the best part of 4 grand.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@drunkzombie wrote:

My cab had some fibre installed recently and I was hoping that I could get FTTC. However I dont seem to be able to change my ADSL package to a fibre package via plusnet member centre. It looks like I can get FTTP on Demand (which I understand that plusnet do not offer on trail). Does this mean I cannot get FTTC only FTTPoD?

If the Availability Checker says that it’s not available then I’m afraid that the cabinet is not yet activated or at least accepting orders. I suggest that you look daily and if FTTC does come available that you get your application in straight away in case the installed capacity is less than the number wanting fibre. It could of course be that it’s fully subscribed already. If this is the case then you’ll have to wait until more capacity is added. Either way all you can do is keep checking.

FTTPOD is not a practicable retail customer option.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It's also possible that the OP is so far away from the cabinet that FTTC isn't viable.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I initially thought about the distance to the cabinet, but I don't think it can be the problem given the ADSL2+ estimated speed.

drunkzombie
Grafter

Thank you for the replies, the distance to the cab is around 450 meters (by road) so I doubt that distance is a factor here.

As the fibre has only just been laid, I am thinking that it may just be that they have not yet enabled FTTC ording on the cab?

I have also just looked at telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm and shows:

Cabinet P6   FTTC being Built, live due by May 2018   Phase SEP Kent 20a       Huawei

Maybe I just have to be a little more patient Smiley

I cannot wait to be rid of my 0.5Mb/s upload!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Mods: Please lock this topic thread until May Grin