cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP on Demand Providers

GrottoTree
Grafter

FTTP on Demand Providers

Having been looking at the link below, it appears there is a compromise broadband service between FFTC and FTTP.

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

It also appears by the link above that the distant based charges have been withdrawn. When I enter my landline number in the BT Broadband availability checker, it says FTTP on Demand is available with 330Mbps/30Mbps bandwith. I am served from the Godstone Exchange and by cabinet 11.

How do I order such a FTTP on demand service and is the ex-VAT prices on the Openreach page what i would pay?

Also what other "Supper Fast" Broadband solutions are available in the Bletchingley area other than very expensive fixed leased lines. I am looking to improve my 30 Mbps Down / 9 Mbps Up what I typically get, DSL interface is currently synced at 40000Kbps down and 10056Kbps Up.

Regards: Elliott.

4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: FTTP on Demand Providers

The distance based charging bands may have gone, but there's still the excess construction costs to pay, it hasn't become any cheaper.

https://www.amvia.co.uk/blog/fttp-on-demand-costs-installation

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

FTTPod will cost an arm and a leg!

Have a look here.

It's a rather long thread...

GrottoTree
Grafter

Well FTTPoD is out the window for now. £4,400 + VAT to install form Cerberus Networks. While still not as bad as others have been quoted, still out of my reach, Unless I save up for a whole year.

What will be the next step in faster broadband technology for those on FTTC/VDSL connections who are not in a Virgin media area?

I ideally would like Gigabit speeds for Hyper Optic's low prices, but can't see that happening any time soon!

Regards: Elliott.

dannyboy75
Rising Star

It seems to be mainly people who live in the middle of nowhere, or in city centres, who are getting access to FTTP.

For the rest of us who fall between those two stools, I believe our best hope for another speed jump in the next few years is probably G.Fast. BTOR are already piloting it in some areas, but I've no idea what their timescales are for a wider rollout.