Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP, email and leaving Plusnet

FIXED
JestersTear
Dabbler

FTTP, email and leaving Plusnet

Seeing as Plusnet are not doing FTTP I will shortly be leaving to move to BT.

What happens with your Plusnet email address - does it stay active?

Can you forward emails to another mailbox ?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: FTTP, email and leaving Plusnet

Fix

You can request that your account is changed to an 'email only' account, which currently is free. That will enable you to retain your PlusNet email addresses.

You need to request this prior to the account being closed. You will lose access to emails for a short period ( a day or two ) as the process to revert to an email only is somewhat manual. The account closue will delete all the mailboxes and then they need to be manually restored by Plusnet. I'd suggest you ensure that all email is saved and you make a note of any mailbox names and passwords before the account closure.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JestersTear
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply - it's a shame to leave as I have been with them for 16 years but FTTP is too good to miss out on.

femalegannet
Hooked

sorry to join this post but how do i go about making this request given thebusiness of the phone lines. I am not able to stay on phone for hours.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@femalegannet 

Not a good idea to piggyback a new post onto a thread marked as 'fixed'  Few people are likely to readit.

Could I suggest a new topic is raised in the Email forum.  Much more likely to get staff attention.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.