Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP On Demand

mylogon
Hooked

FTTP On Demand

Hey. I found some information on the open reach site about FTTP on Demand here

I was wondering if anyone know if this would be possible. My property is connected to a cabinet, which is part of a FTTC only exchange (Bishop Auckland). Does anyone know if this doable? I would be keep to enquire about this service as it looks quite appropriate for my situation. 

Thanks a lot.

Luke

7 REPLIES 7
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: FTTP On Demand

Does your situation include being rich!

Joking apart, I believe FTTP on demand has install costs in the £100's to £1000's.
I am the satisfied customer....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mylogon
Hooked

I saw this too after posting the question.

I live in the band A, so installation wouldn't be toooooo bad. But I saw the rental cost of £1188 + vat per year and figured that this was a little bit silly. Like, seriously. What the hell kinda price is that?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

And people complain about the cost of line rental Cheesy

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

FTTP on demand isn't offered anymore I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

Chris, I take it you mean "by Plusnet" as there may well be other providers who do.
I am the satisfied customer....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/05/bt-update-fttpod-stop-sell-removal-3db-trial-long-range...

Fibre on Demand (FoD / FTTPoD)

As many of you may recall BTWholesale’s FoD service, which offers the potential for people within reach of an FTTC capable line to order a full ultrafast fibre optic (FTTP) broadband connection (provided you don’t mind paying for most of the often hugely expensive civil works), has been stalled on a “stop sell” for over a year because the service was too time consuming and expensive to install (here).

Since then Openreach has conducted a number of FoD2 trials, which have attempted to make the process of deploying the service faster and thus more cost effective. At this stage the service is still very expensive and not really intended for residential homes, but the improvements have been enough to get the “stop sell” lifted. According to BTWholesale, “Stop Sell lifted March 2016 following improvements in order handling and installation process.”

However the expected lead times for delivery have been extended. Otherwise it’s now down to ISPs with regards to whether or not they begin offering the service again.