cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTH - Any new Plusnet news?

MarcusJClifford
Grafter

FTTH - Any new Plusnet news?

I posted about this some time ago (can't find the post), but was wondering if there was any progress with a FTTH / FTTP product offering from Plusnet?

Moving into a new build home in September which has FTTH confirmed. But I would like to use Plusnet as I've had no issues with them on my multiple other lines across the country and they provide excellent value.

I know there is (was?) a trial going on, but I remember from previous discussion that was for locations where there was an existing Plusnet copper based service and the customer wished to upgrade to FTTH?

The trial has been ongoing many years, so just wondering if and when Plusnet will be launching a native FTTH product I can buy at a new location with no copper infrastructure.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: FTTH - Any new Plusnet news?

@MarcusJClifford

If you go to the FTTP Trials forum and read https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Moving-to-new-build-with-FTTP/m-p/1433658#... you MAY be able to join the trial at the new build. @HarryB would be able to advise further.

But are you sure the new build's FTTP is an Openreach offering aka WBC FTTP as some new builds are not on the Openreach FTTP network but use 3rd parties networks which Plusnet cannot support (Ditto for BT, Zen, AAISP)

For reference there is a complete list of all FTTP providers at

Openreach Ultrafast fibre suppliers

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MarcusJClifford
Grafter

Thanks Smiley - that is good news. I am already a Plusnet customer so that could potentially qualify me for the trial.

Yes - it is BT Openreach for certain. I made absolutely sure of this before legally reserving the house. They even had examples of the BT ONT and BBU setup to show what would be fitted under the stairs. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @MarcusJClifford, could you drop me a PM with the address that you're moving to and I'll have a look over what we'll be able to do in this situation. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet