cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC with Fritz Box Router

petertuson
Grafter

FTTC with Fritz Box Router

We upgraded to FTTC at the end of April.
The process was completely painless. The BT Openreach Engineer surveyed the situation and decided to install the new BT connection at the end of our original extension cable so that our router stayed where it originally was. The initial speed was 80 down and 2 up but this has now settled down to 65 down and 20 up.
It was initially installed using a Plusnet router and the BT modem. As I had discussed with the engineer, I swapped these out for my Fritz Box router as he left the premises - this connected immediately. The original router and modem are now in a cupboard.
All of the original telephone extensions were removed. This has not been a problem as the Fritz Box router has both DECT and SIP servers built in and we had stopped using wired telephones some time ago.
Since then we have had no problems at all.
We now look forward to fibre to the home. Our nephew in Singapore gets 200 down and considers that fairly normal.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC with Fritz Box Router

Thanks for the post petertuson and I'm glad you're happy with the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I swapped these out for my Fritz Box router

I was thinking of updating my otherwise excellent network. Which model of Fritz Box are you using?
petertuson
Grafter

It is a Fritz Box 7390. We also have two Fritz Fons.
The only problem I have with it is that I would like one of my servers to automatically change the router's state under certain conditions.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It is a Fritz Box 7390.

Many thanks. Smiley