cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC upgrade due yesterday - didn't happen

Redmoorphil
Hooked

FTTC upgrade due yesterday - didn't happen

Any update available on my FTTC fibre upgrade. Expected yesterday but not heard a thing. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Redmoorphil
Hooked

Re: FTTC upgrade due yesterday - didn't happen

Please disregard, have now cancelled upgrade and switched suppliers.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

What was the point in changing suppliers Openreach are the ones that do the work not Plusnet, all you have done is put your self back in the queue by switching, you could be waiting even longer now 😕

Redmoorphil
Hooked

I wasn't in desperate need of the fibre connection so the delay wasn't an issue. I Had real problems with Plusnet earlier this year and despite that I was willing to stay and give them another try as I have been a customer for about 20 years now. Unfortunately the lack of communication from them and inability to track my order was the nail in the coffin. I have had enough of spending hours on the phone to them hoping for info or resolution when their customer service has now degraded beyond belief and when you can get through to them you just get false promises. I could now sing every lyric to every song on their queue and tell you what will come up next! When I lost all service this year I was phoning 3 times a day and despite promising to call me on my mobile they still emailed me updates or excuses when they knew I had no way to read them. My wife is deaf and relies on internet and emails and during this time she lost her father with no way for her to communicate with her family. I think I have given them more chances than they deserve to be honest so I decided not to lock in to another 18 month contract went for a provider with a better customer service record.

I promise I wasn't cutting off my nose to spite my face.😉

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I see, well that's fair enough. 🙂

orvalsoft

Yes Plusnet seem to be in a mess at the moment, I'm in the same situation.  Can you advise on a better supplier?

Redmoorphil
Hooked

I ended up going with Zen. The fibre speeds were obviously going to be similar wherever I looked so I went purely on customer service reviews and they were the best I could find. They also offered a mesh system which saved me a bit of money buying one.

Already been fully kept up to date with my upgrade so fingers crossed.

orvalsoft

Thanks for the update, hope it is completed for you on time.