cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC order problems

ashlez

FTTC order problems

EDIT: Spoke to Plusnet (again) - problem solved - apparently there's a problem with the checker for my line. It will update by the 7th April - fingers crossed.
I recently moved into a new house in an FTTC enabled area and I am having problems getting an FTTC service.
I placed an order with Plusnet for their home phone service and fibre unlimited just over a week ago. The phone line was still wired correctly in the house and I was quickly activated for home phone and allocated a number - all within 48 hours. The home phone service is working just fine.
After the home phone service was activated, they put the fibre order on hold for a few days to allow the BT DSL checker time to update, but unfortunately it hasn't updated, and they say they are unable to process the fibre order due to the checker stating that FTTC isn't available on the line! If I run my number through the checker, it shows up as being connected to cabinet 45, but the whole FTTC section is missing.
The previous owners of the property said they had BT infinity, my neighbours have FTTC services, and the checker says I am connected to cabinet 45, which is a fibre enabled cabinet and I can see the two green boxes about 100m from my house (one has the number 45 on!). The address checker shows my address as being connected to cabinet 45, and says cabinet 45 is accepting FTTC orders.
What's going on here, and how can I get this resolved? At the moment, I seem to be stuck, with no way forward.