cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC connected below current estimate and Master socket query.

MorthosDBC
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

FTTC connected below current estimate and Master socket query.

I noticed today my line got a new estimate of 49.9-69mb, but I'm only syncing at 48mb (and have been for a while at that or lower).  Not sure if something has changed on my line that prompted the new estimate but is there any line check that can be run that gives the estimated line length from the exchange or shows any potential problems to indicate why syncing below lowest estimate?
Also noticed since initial (Kelly eng) install that I've always been at or below the lowest estimate and wondering if my line is a lot further from the exchange than it seems to be when mapping out a route from my home to the cabinet along the streets/poles or if there could still be something wrong with the line or the internal connection.
In regards to the Master Socket. Can you arrange a BT engineer visit to check out a master socket wiring/remove any unused extension wiring that might be plugged in? I'm not sure my master socket is 100% OK since if I use that instead of the extension that was run I lose 5-10mb instantly (plug back into the extension and that speed comes back), whereas I would expect that I should get the best possible sync at the master socket.
Property was inherited and the master socket has a few extension wires coming out of it for phones that used to be upstairs and in the kitchen which haven't been used in years, wondering if there is some internal wiring issue at the master socket that causes a loss of 5-10mb for FTTC (no indications of noise I can tell when phone plugged in) when used instead of the extension socket and if it's possible to arrange a BT engineer visit (paid or otherwise) to remove any other extensions from the master so that there is only the one phone and FTTC line, and make sure the wiring is all good in the master socket?