cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC available but orders being refused, will it work with Plusnet?

plus85

FTTC available but orders being refused, will it work with Plusnet?

I posted this on another forum on behalf of a friend but I wonder if Plusnet could shed some light on the matter.
My friend lives in Whiteley, Hampshire, and this area is notorious for strange broadband issues. For the past few years he has struggled on 1mb ADSL. Checking his address on the BT DSL portal shows FTTC available to the cabinet. We're unable to check with his landline number on the BT DSL portal (https://www.dslchecker.bt.com) as he's with TalkTalk.
He's fed up with TalkTalk for various reasons so put in a new FTTC order (using his current landline number) on the BT website. Initially it accepted the order but over the next few days BT cancelled it. BT apparently say he's not on the Whiteley exchange at all, but is in fact connected to Locks Heath. Why this would matter I'm not sure as the street cabinet is the important bit I'd have thought?
If we try and place an order on Sky.com they say FTTC isn't available at the address.
Can someone help us with this mess please? The postcode is PO15 7DF, the DSL checker results are below
--------
Address EXMOOR CLOSE, WHITELEY, FAREHAM, PO15 7DF on Exchange WHITELEY is served by Cabinet 102
Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 65.6 46.5 18.5 11.7 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 54.3 32.4 17.8 8.4 -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
-----------
Plusnet shows FTTC as being available but I wonder if a member of staff could check if it is actually available before my friend puts in yet another order with another provider only to find it rejected after a week!
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC available but orders being refused, will it work with Plusnet?

Hi there,
The results from the DSL checker seem to indicate we should be able to place an order.
Do bear in mind that sometimes we can be notified of a lack of fibre capacity after an order has been placed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: FTTC available but orders being refused, will it work with Plusnet?

@plus85
Do you get the same results when using the house number/name and postcode here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput as sometimes the postcode results covers a very large georgraphical area and can be inaccurate.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT