cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

frimleyfrodo

Re: FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

Likewise. Both VSS and T-Mobile Femtocell woke up about 30 minutes ago. Will we ever find out the cause.....................?
Happy  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

There was a network change on our end which incorrectly caused certain ports to be blocked.
This change has been rolled back and nobody should have further issues.
Again apologies for the inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chrischarles
Dabbler

Can I ask out of curiosity which ports were blocked and why? Im a bit of a techy and find it interesting to understand what breaks/restarts things so am curious to know what happened?  Or was it just that an intended upgrade had a bug which blocked some ports due to some kind of redirect loop/packet filtering engine?
All4One
Grafter

All ports over 9000
chrischarles
Dabbler

Thanks All4One, oops that is a bit of a mistake  ;), I wonder how it happened!  I hadnt noticed my remote desktop connection go down because I havent been off a Plusnet connection in the last 2 days but guess it would have hit everything! (doesnt run on 3389 and is plenty over 9000!)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: All4One
All ports over 9000

not sure that's correct.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
All4One
Grafter

Really? Unsure if Goku would agree.
jim:quote
clover2912

jim:quote
Susan1234

I have come home and still have the same problem, SS is not working and have the 2 orange lights still
chrischarles
Dabbler

Restart router, wait for internet to come back then power cycle sure signal and that should work. Still want to know what happened but that did fix it for me.
Susan1234

Ah thank you it took a few tries but seems to be good now, yes would be good to know the reason though  Smiley
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

AHHH
Mine has stopped working again
Ian

edit  static IP 212.159.xxx.xxx
gateway You are currently connected to gateway ptn-ag02.
ADSL
2nd EDIT : reconnected the ppp session and it now seems to be working
JTCL66

Very pleased to see the problem has been resolved.  Interesting to see that PlusNet say it was due to a problem at their end.  Rather different to the stance they took each and every time I spoke to their Customer Services people - they had obviously been briefed to take the line that this was about 3rd party hardware that they took no responsibility for.  No question at any stage of them saying it might be down to a PlusNet-created problem - which is exactly what it has turned out to be. It's when problems arise that the quality of customer service gets properly tested.  A revealing episode that tells me next time I won't be renewing my PlusNet broadband subscription driven mainly by better customer service rather than price. Might as well focus more on price and accept that all these companies are much of a muchness when things go wrong.
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi, my Suresignal dropped offline yesterday following our fttc upgrade.
It was working fine Monday morning over ADSL but is unable to connect since our live switched to fiber.
We currently have a BT Home hub 5, & have tried opening the necessary suresignal ports using port forwarding & enabled vpn port clamping.
No problem connecting with other vpns - ipsec connections work fine as does an SSL vpn. Just the sure signal....
Any ideas? Seems like that port blocking has somehow come back into play?
TimStephenson
Grafter

Anyone....? Those with Suresignals & FTTC - are your devices up and running at the moment?