Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

philm
Dabbler

FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

Hi,
In the last few days I have had problems with my Vodafone Sure Signal box. I have carried out the troubleshooting of that and it's not the box, it appears my problem is that my net connection is not reaching the Vodafone servers IP address at 212.183.133.177.
I have pinged it, and it times out, also I have carried out a tracert with the following results;
C:\Users\PhilDesktop>tracert 212.183.133.177
Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    17 ms    16 ms    24 ms  lo0.10.central10.pcl-bng03.plus.net [195.166.130
.164]
  3    18 ms    31 ms    18 ms  irb.10.PCL-CR01.plus.net [84.93.249.81]
  4    40 ms    31 ms    29 ms  ae1.ptw-cr01.plus.net [195.166.129.0]
  5    29 ms    39 ms    39 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
  6    52 ms    55 ms    37 ms  85.205.0.86
  7    *        *        *    Request timed out.
  8    *        *        *    Request timed out.
  9    *        *        *    Request timed out.
It appears to be a problem with plusnet'srouting of my traffic not allowing me access to that destination IP address.
The problem has only started this month, and reading the Vodafone support forums, it appears that there are many Plusnet users experiencing the same suresignal woes trying to reach Vodafone's servers.
Please help!
69 REPLIES 69
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

Hi, I think you'll find that the tracert and ping always fail. See this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134321.0.html try the factory reset of the as and see if that works

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mnjufce
Dabbler

IPSec VPN stopped working overnight

Hi,
I was using IP Sec over UDP VPN successfully for quite some time to connect to work. It stopped working yesterday (it stops somewhere in the middle of negotiation, one of ISAKMP packets gets changed/dropped).
VPN service is working fine for my colleagues that use a different provider, not working for the ones that are on Plusnet. I tried connecting from the same PC using my 3 mobile data and that worked.
I have contacted Plusnet support and was told that nothing was changed on their side...
I snooped through forums and checked the firewall on plusnet side, was off (tried low as well because there is a comment that VPN definitely works with that) - rebooted the router after.
I also tried telnet to the router and removed binding for IKE and ESP, saved and rebooted.
Didn't help.
I really think this is something on Plusnet side because it is happening to several people and started at the same time... Please help.
Thank you!
Bud
Grafter

Re: IPSec VPN stopped working overnight

Noticed my sure signals on 2 different plusnet accounts aren't working today either and have read on other forums of other plusnet users having the same problem.
As the sure signal uses a VPN to Vodafone I guess it could be related.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi there
There no issues that we're aware of with VPN's at the moment.
With regards to the suresignal boxes we suspect that those affected are on one of the new IP ranges starting with 146.200 or 146.99.
If anybody is having issues with their suresignal boxes can you either log into your router and disconnect then reconnect your connection or reboot your router to see if this resolves your issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bud
Grafter

Neither account has those IP ranges and have static IPs and the service was working until something happened overnight,  one accounts IP starts 81 and the other 212.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@mnjufce
Can you PM me with the following info so I can ask someone to have a look.
When did the VPN last work?
What port(s) is the VPN using?
Is the VPN between 2 Plusnet connections? or a Plusnet connection and an different ISP?
Who is the originator of the tunnel setup request?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

suresignal boxes we suspect that those affected are on one of the new IP ranges starting with 146.200 or 146.99.

My sure signal stopped working overnight 212.159.xxx.xxx, and my VPN is not able to accept connections
I have.
1) Reconnected my ppp sesion
2) Set the plusnet firerwall (from off) to low
3 Reconnected the ppp sesion
4) Set the plusnet firewall to off
5) Reconnected the ppp sesion.
6) Rebooted the sure signal and tried to connect to my vpn from the three mobile network.
No luck
Ian
edit: also some trouble on FTTC?? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135002.0.html
and vodafone forums....all plusnet  http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-v1/td-p/2326717 and many more on that forum  (mostly plusnet customers)|
ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: FTTC - Vodafone Suresignal IP Problems?

lewer10
Dabbler

Vodafone suresignal

Hi,
anyone with a suresignal having problems today? I have 2 devices and they both stopped working this morning
over on the Vodafone forum some people are saying that it is localised to plusnet users.
Anything changed at the plusnet end?
lewer
mnjufce
Dabbler

Hi,
the VPN was working on Monday (and a lot of months before that) and stopped working from Tuesday.
Ports in wireshark are 500 and 4500 (ipsec nat-t), I can attach wireshark if you like? I also have the wireshark of the good connection (using 3 network) which uses the same ports...
This all fails in configuration stage (authentication passed) as if nat-t packets have been tampered with (detailed logs on the client report that packet was received for the invalid session).
The VPN server is on the other provider, I am the VPN client. I didn't manage to find colleagues who have Bt account, I believe they are in front of plusnet, so can't say whether the issue came from plusnet or bt openreach... If I find out, I will inform you about that.
Thank you,
Maggie.
Bud
Grafter

Tried a disconnect and reconnect and its still not working....
lewer10
Dabbler

my suresignals stopped working this morning. my static ip is in the 81.174.xxx.xxx range
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Vodafone suresignal

Other users also having problems here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135019.0.html
and here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135002.0.html
Suggest that this thread and the one above are locked in favour of the first one?
frimleyfrodo

Also lost my Vodafone SS first thing this morning (after a trouble free 3 years of ADSL and one month of fibre)......................and also my T-Mobile/EE Femtocell which works in a different manner but also dropped out at a similar time and won't come back.
I was asked by Plusnet Livechat to add a post here.