Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Unable to upload files

superfetch
Dabbler

FTTC - Unable to upload files

Hi all,

I've recently joined plusnet and aside from the FTTC being slower than the ADSL I had from Sky its been ok except uploading.

Basically uploading anything, even a picture will usually result in both the upstream and downstream connections freezing to a standstill. I have to wait around 10 / 20 minutes during which I get download speed of about 0.10mbs, packet loss of around 30% and latency of around 4,000ms.

I know my line must not be great as the overall speed isnt but this upload issue seems to be something else. I've tried two different brands of routers and never had any issues with Sky.

I have raised it as an issue with Plusnet but any idea anyone?

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTC - Unable to upload files

Hi there,

I've just been taking a look into this for you, diagnostics haven't indicated any obvious issues.

I'm guessing you may have ruled this out already but I just need to make sure you've tried both a wired and wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
superfetch
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Yeah tried everything sensible. Different computers, os, connection, cables, microfilters, routers. Wish it was something my end but all the latency is at nodes related to plusnet.
superfetch
Dabbler

Any other help you can offer on this? I submitted a fault on Friday but haven't had anything back yet.

This is far from the performance and customer service I was promised by the 'We'll do you proud' marketing. So far the connections been terrible and the customer service practically non existent.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to see that this issue is still ongoing. I understand that we've got an engineer booked in. Let us know if there's anything we can do from our side.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
superfetch
Dabbler

Looks like its provisionally booked in for 18th Jan which is another month of paying for broadband I can't use!

I'm adamant that its not the connection to the exchange, if you look on the forum there are plenty of other customers having issues uploading on fibre. Seems like its just easier to forward the issue to Open Reach rather than Plusnet actually look into their own network for the issue.

superfetch
Dabbler

Wow, this just keeps getting worse. After I replied to the ticket it was completely ignored. The ticket was placed on hold for a mysterious 'investigation' before going back to arranging an engineer to the property with no feedback.

The amount of messages they ignore on the ticket is obscene and this is the 'Escalations' Customer Service now too, just as bad as the usual team.

I only hope potential customers see this and take it as a warning not to join as their mantra and actual service are very different things.

The only way I can see this getting resolved is I'm going to have to get in touch with the ombudsman to get them to cancel the contract so I can go back to Sky and their functional broadband.