Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC - Same attenuation, Same SNR, vastly different speeds

kankali
Grafter

FTTC - Same attenuation, Same SNR, vastly different speeds

Hello,

Had BT engineer round 3 times in 3 months. Speed below min standard on each occasion. They get it just above the min - 32 Mb then it drops back again a few weeks later. 80/20 FTTC plan. Had c50Mb down for 2 years then this.

Screen shots below show same attenuation, same SNR but the Sync speed has gone from 47Mb to 33Mb.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks

BB Feb 2020.pngbb 19 Mar 2019.png

6 REPLIES 6
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: FTTC - Same attenuation, Same SNR, vastly different speeds

Hi @kankali,

I have updated the fault ticket on your account. Please click here to view my response.

Let us know once you've replied back to the ticket please so we can ensure it gets picked up as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
kankali
Grafter

@Beyhive 

Many thanks - I have replied on the ticket as requested.

The engineer notes tell the story - something wrong but no idea what.....hence looking for ideas on the forum

Engineer comments 7 feb 2020.png

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Kankali, 

I'm glad to see that particular engineer has left notes for anyone else picking it up advising what cables to check, that's really helpful. 

I've rejected a clear on the fault but it's not in the right status for us to book an engineer visit at the moment. It should be later today so I'll check back on this for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just been able to make a booking and have updated the ticket with a confirmation for you. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kankali
Grafter

Hi

Line seems better but it appears I am now capped at 35,000Kb - despite the router showing it could go faster. Evertime it resyncs it is exactly at that value, no more or less.

BTW the issue appears to be that all the available underground lines into the village are under the Open Reach min commit of 32Mb

Thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@kankali. Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the speed of the service.

It seems that the connection is banded:

I've made sure that this is within the correct area to deal with this and provided an update on the account.

Thanks

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team